Hi i am looking for a guitar builder who can build me a guitar which was bolt on with a good fret access, RG shaped, no neck inlays but with side dots and neck binding, hardtail (preferrably string through) and a decent set of pickups suited to metal. I have £300 to spend providing my guitar sells, hell i would trade my guitar (ibanez RG570) if the builder was interested. Also, i am negotiable on the spec if it is too high, i just want a simple yet good quality guitar.
There's no way in hell you'l get a decent custom build for £300..
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
thats if he gets one at all
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I made an RG shaped guitar last year that I still got.

Its a set maple neck,
3 Piece ash body,
Ebony fingerboard, 24.75" scale with binding,
Oil and wax finish,
Dot inlays,
Stop tail and string through,
EMG 81 & 85, 3 way gibson style toggle,
Master Vol, Master Tone,
All Black hardwear.

If your interested let me know, its a metal machine and its going quite cheap compared to my other ones. Its a little more than £300 though, just though it'd be your kinda thing.

Go to www.eveguitars.net and I think theres some pics on there. . . . . cant remember.
Quote by scoopdmids
Hi i am looking for a guitar builder who can build me a guitar which was bolt on with a good fret access, RG shaped, no neck inlays but with side dots and neck binding, hardtail (preferrably string through) and a decent set of pickups suited to metal. I have £300 to spend providing my guitar sells, hell i would trade my guitar (ibanez RG570) if the builder was interested. Also, i am negotiable on the spec if it is too high, i just want a simple yet good quality guitar.

To explain why you wont get one for that money.

Apparently, there is about 50-100 hours in making an electric guitar.

So, if you exclude buying material, hardware, wear on tools, electricity etc, you are asking someone to to do something for between £6 and £3 per hour.

Would you?
Quote by jscustomguitars
I made an RG shaped guitar last year that I still got.

Its a set maple neck,
3 Piece ash body,
Ebony fingerboard, 24.75" scale with binding,
Oil and wax finish,
Dot inlays,
Stop tail and string through,
EMG 81 & 85, 3 way gibson style toggle,
Master Vol, Master Tone,
All Black hardwear.

If your interested let me know, its a metal machine and its going quite cheap compared to my other ones. Its a little more than £300 though, just though it'd be your kinda thing.

Go to www.eveguitars.net and I think theres some pics on there. . . . . cant remember.

For £300?
I just barley built my axe for under $300, but I did all the work myself. The materials were almost 300 by themselves, so your not gonna get one built for less.

Quote by Skeet UK
For £300?

No, I'd probably take £500 just to get some cash and make some room.

Cost me about £370 in wood, parts and hardwear. Comes with a case too.

Its one of my first ones thats why its cheaper.
yes but that is US dollars, i just want a neck and body routed and finished and oiled, an impossibilty?
Quote by jscustomguitars
No, I'd probably take £500 just to get some cash and make some room.

Cost me about £370 in wood, parts and hardwear. Comes with a case too.

Its one of my first ones thats why its cheaper.

That's what I thought, £500 would be halfway reasonable.

By the way, are you open to receiving PM's? I have fired a couple of questions your way in some threads, but I think you may have missed them. Eager to learn you see!

Quote by scoopdmids
yes but that is US dollars, i just want a neck and body routed and finished and oiled, an impossibilty?

Errr, no. Thats £500 - English Pounds.
hey js, i'll have to pass on that, theres no way i can save up the extra £130, car insurance is crazy for a 17 year old....

you would have been ideal though since i live in bham
Quote by Skeet UK
That's what I thought, £500 would be halfway reasonable.

By the way, are you open to receiving PM's? I have fired a couple of questions your way in some threads, but I think you may have missed them. Eager to learn you see!

No problem mate. . . . . type away.
Quote by scoopdmids
hey js, i'll have to pass on that, theres no way i can save up the extra £130, car insurance is crazy for a 17 year old....

your loss
Quote by scoopdmids

He might take your £300 as a deposit, then you can top it up over the coming months. Never know unless you ask dude.
Quote by scoopdmids

I can take everything off and you can have it for £300!
yeah.

Its faulse economy though coz your gonna have to spend more than £200 on a good set of pickups and hardwear but if you want it you can have it for that.
haha yeah it is but i looked at your myspace and it really is an amazing piece of work....I'll think things through and PM you

cheers
Quote by scoopdmids

Not an impossibility, but considering how much work is put into making a neck, its gonna be difficult. Body's aren't that bad, but your talking about a lot of hours that go into a well built neck. Its a lot of work, and your not gonna find someone thats gonna do all that work for such a cheap price. My advice would be for you to find a used neck on E-bay, and get some one to build you a body
oh that's not such a bad idea, how much would a body routed for direct mount pickups and 2 pots set me back?