ok, idc if im a "noob" or "newb" or "n00b" or wutever the hell u kids wanna call me. but im lookin for a distortion pedal where i can play, well, metal music. i wanna be able to play Killswitch Engage type stuff, and some System of a down type stuff. i wanna be able to do some cool pick squeals too.

I use an Epiphone Les Paul Silverburst custom special edition, through a Fender Princeton 65 Amp and i currently use the Boss DS-1 distortion. its great nd stuff, but im looking for something else so i can play more of metal and not just rock.

ive played both the Metal Zone and the Metal Core pedals at Guitar center, but for only like 5 minutes each, so i didnt really get that good of a chance to hear everything, if u kno wut i mean.

idk, wut do u guys think i should go with?
www.myspace.com/getwellcards

"et quand le jour arrive la tourner el ciel et la tourner la mer et la mer eh ven embrasse moi et la deneh ve moi logis"
neither...

both sound like ass... look into digitech hardwire metal distortion pedal... i've heard good things about them...
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Pick squeals?
If you must get a heavier distortion, go for a metal muff or one of those blackstars or something. Stay away from boss's metal series.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The metal zone (mt-2) is better because it has a mid-frequency control. I have it, and i like the tones i can get, but it is very sensitive and it needs a lot of fine-tuning to get a good sound. a lot of people here don;t like it, but its all a matter of personal preference
Unmodded Boss distortion/OD pedals = crap.

Comparing the Metal Zone and the Metal Core is like comparing cat **** to dog ****.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
i would say stay away from boss as well. there are better metal distortions in the same price range if you look around.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Metal Muff.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I'm in the same situation. Can anyone suggest a good pedal for metal, pick squeals, etc.??
Hardwire is good, never played it at really loud volumes though, you can get really nice squeals and stuff out of it, just what you want.

The metal muff is great too, i've never played it myself.. but just watching videos on it and reading reviews.. I want to buy one really bad
hardwire is alright, metal muff is good, or look into the damage control pedals with preamp tunes, either the demonizer or solid metal, both will handle anything you throw at them
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
Neither, Boss Metal pedals are crap

the Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion is good, and can be used for Metal, but It sounds like what you're looking for is an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff or Metal Muff
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
metal muff ($89ish)
damage control demonizer ($300)
seymour duncan twin tube mayhem($250ish)
hardwire metal distortion($70ish)

those are the only good metal distortion pedals
i prefer the one with bold letters
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me