Sup guys...I just got an elec-acoustic yamaha(compass series) and I've been looking for some nice stuff to play, such as "nothing else matters" from Metallica and some of the arrangements of the Boyce Avenue dude. can you tell me some nice songs that you can play in a party and everybody knows the lyrics? but not just chords, that sucks.

thanks
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
Chords are probably best to play at a party as many, many people will be singing if they all know the song and have had a few drinks, otherwise picking single notes won't really be heard over the vocals - unless you have an amp or are taking an amp with you.

Stuff like The Clash, The Who, Rolling Stones and Tenacious D would probably go down well. You could always strum and add in some picking parts during the song, like a solo and get some one to back you up with a tin pan or plastic cup full of rice or something.
the obvious one is wonderwall or any oasis stuff
try 'heartbeats - jose gonzales'
newton faulkner, get cape wear cape fly
through glass - stone sour
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by charlie__flynn

through glass - stone sour

more like this plz
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
Well Stairway but that's not exactly a sing along one...unless you're Robert Plant. The acoustic version of Layla is pretty sweet, Sweet Home Alabama, you could do an acoustic rendition of Say It Ain't So as well.
Here Without You - 3 Doors Down
Layla - Eric Clapton
Quote by Deep*Kick
"Hi guys, god here. My son is uber awesome at improvisation, but he can't play cover songs for the life of him. Is he gifted?"
Quote by Markitt
Here Without You - 3 Doors Down
Layla - Eric Clapton

more like this plz
Hootie and the blowfish. It's always a sure win. Songs like Time, and Hold my hand. Also, Matchbox 20 songs such as 3am and Push.
Almost anything by Jack Johnson is excellent acoustic. Try Rodeo Clowns and Flake.
keep'em coming
What about Mona Lisa (When the World Comes Down) - The All-American Rejects, very nice relaxing song, it's off of their newest album When the World Comes Down
I second the Jack Johnson idea. Fall line, Sitting waiting, Banana pancakes and the list goes on...
all of cat stevens songs are great for acoustic =],

Bob Dylan

Dee-by randy rhoads

or just play some reggae stuff too, bob marley and such..sounds sweet
Quote by J_Vine91
Almost anything by Jack Johnson is excellent acoustic. Try Rodeo Clowns and Flake.

This man speaks the truth. Jack Johson is awesome!

Learn Banana Pancakes and Better Together to pick up teh chikz. Sitting, Waiting, Wishing sounds really cool. Bubble Toes is a really fun song too.

The ultimate sing along?
<_<
>_>
<_<
American Pie by Don McLean. DON'T DENY IT!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Try some Ben Harper also. He's got some great acoustic stuff. Try Walk Away, Fovever, and Steal my kisses by Ben Harper.