Hello all,

Does anyone know of anywhere I would be able to find an ebony fretboarded neck which is pre routed for frets without fret markers?

Like this but without the dots
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_necks,_wood/Electric_guitar:_Necks/Through-body_Guitar_Neck.html

would like
- Mahogany Neck if possible
- 24 Frets
- Truss rod adjustment at nut

PS. I have no experience with building but if there are any tutorials that have a good reputation for Through Neck building I would appreciate it too

Cheers, Dopey
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
can I just email them and ask for them to file slots?

and do they ship internationally?
Quote by fleajr_1412

Carvin has a 24 fret ebony board through-neck that comes with dots and frets, but I once asked them if I could get it with a paddle headstock, no inlays and no frets, and the guy said that was very possible, although he did insist that they should cut the fret slots, which is what you need, right?
That Allenguitars site just does fingerboards from what I can tell.

TS wants a neck-through neckwith ebony fingerboard, no inlay.
Last edited by bellerophon at Dec 21, 2008,
Quote by Pikka Bird
Carvin has a 24 fret ebony board through-neck that comes with dots and frets, but I once asked them if I could get it with a paddle headstock, no inlays and no frets, and the guy said that was very possible, although he did insist that they should cut the fret slots, which is what you need, right?

wouldn't that be really expensive?

and
bellerophon, I would rather a full neck but if it's more economically viable to buy them separate then I know a guy who's wicked with woodwork lol
Quote by fleajr_1412

^I see they've removed their prices from the website for some reason, but no- It wasn't totally expensive if I recall correctly. Especially considering that Carvin makes top notch goods.

edit: Wow, the Carvin and the Stew-Mac necks really look mighty similar.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Dec 21, 2008,
Im pretty sure the neckthru sold on stewmac is carvin. If you compare the 2 they look the same. Not many places make a neck thru blank like this. I bought one but am making it lefty so gotta put side dots on at minimum. But I want stainless frets. Removing all 24 frets from an ebony fretboard isnt easy without doing some damage. So I just decided to get new fretboard. Went with a maple progressive radius 25.5 from stemac and will cut the board where the nut is to put a LP style nut. An option for TS is to drill out the original inlays and put black dots in.