Page 1 of 4
I'm not talkin' about F# here guys, no, what I mean is when you hear a song, and you're listening to the guitar and it just hits that note. You know what I mean? The note that just makes you shiver at how good it sounds. Here are my examples, please post yours...

Voice of the Soul (Death) - around the 2:10 mark you hear some soft acoustic arpeggios and then bang (2:15 and 2:20 respectively) the tone is just godly for those twp lead notes

Altitudes (Jason Becker) - if you ever could give an example of a guitar actually singing it's the note at the 0:30 mark. Beautifully emotive

Flying in a Blue Dream (Satriani) - 1:52, Joe is shredding the **** out of the guitar in the build up, and then just bends the note beautifully, you can almost hear the guitar going 'oww'

Halo (Machine Head) - 5:12, this is very similar to Satriani for me, the solo enters with a very fast run up the neck, and then bang, a note that quivers with emotion.

Lucretia (Megadeth) - It was hard to find the best note, because everything Marty (**** Dave) plays sounds so good. I picked the note at 2:37, so perfectly placed.

Can't Stop (Red Hot Chili Peppers) - Screw the Californication solo, tone sucks. Frusciante got it right here however, and i can jizz myself at the 3:19 mark

I understand a few of you will think 'Single notes? Dude, who cares!'- but listen to the ones I've selected and you should be able to tell the guitarist was reaching a higher place when playing it. Anyone got any contributions?
The last note of the harmonizing guitar in Selkies (BTBAM), jizztastic. Pretty weird I like it so much, because it is pretty regular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5G87RcAHec

3:16 has been giving me chills for 4 years, it pays to listen to the whole solo for added effect.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
When I saw MGMT open for Beck I was blown away when they kicked into the last part of the song, now I have one of those moment every time I listen to the song.

Also, Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, when Gilmour hits that pinch harmonic to start the outro solo, I cream my pants every time. I cream at any note Gilmour plays though.

EDIT: Haha, I was talking about Electric Feel. I completely forgot to say it.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Dec 21, 2008,
The first one that came to mind is about :30 into Sonho Dourado by Daniel Lanois. I'm not sure why, but I love that note/tone. Also 1:51 and the chords around 1:57 in the same song.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

Quote by snipelfritz

Also, Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, when Gilmour hits that pinch harmonic to start the outro solo, I cream my pants every time. I cream at any note Gilmour plays though.

I still throw my head back whenever I hear that note...

The first time in Stairway when Jimmy Page uses the 12 string... That Amadd9? chord just does it for me every time.
Quote by snipelfritz
When I saw MGMT open for Beck I was blown away when they kicked into the last part of the song, now I have one of those moment every time I listen to the song.

Which MGMT song?

And yeah, Comfortably Numb gets my vote.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
To the guy who said the pinchy in Comfortably Numb ^ I was gunna put that on the list, but didn't want a whole thesis on single notes

And to Nightraven.. how can you not get 'em no more ?
Quote by snipelfritz

What song did MGMT play though? Was it Electric Feel? Love that one....
Quote by seven_avenged
omgodszzis the last bent note in cemitary gates by pantera

Ah mate that one's epic! You've also reminded me of the note at 4:23 in Floods (also Pantera) where the bluesy solo comes in with a massive bend
Almost every one of Guthrie Govan's songs has that one note that makes me shiver, give his Erotic Cakes album a listen, and you'll understand.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

i like the very high notes at the end of 10's by pantera, they have some sort of tremelo effect and it works out perfectly
John 5 - Dead Art In Plainfield (early in the song)

A perfect squealie ! It makes you jizz >..>
The first bend of the Another Solo by Dream Theatre.
2.25 of I Cannot Tell A Lie when Paul starts tapping.
Paul first bend leading to the Technical Difficulties solo
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
No specific note or time - just the general awesomeness of Always With You, Always With Me - Joe Satriani

He just hits every right note, making it sound so awesome.
GO YANKEES!
I personally like the first note in the solo for The Unforgiven/3. The note in the 3rd one i find amazing it gets me every time.
Ah, I found a really nice one in Cheap Sunglasses by Zz Top - around 2:17, gorgeous sounding pinch harmonic!

Quote by Yanks4Life92
No specific note or time - just the general awesomeness of Always With You, Always With Me - Joe Satriani

He's Satch! His phrasing is practically unrivaled
Last edited by Hadi The Ghost at Dec 21, 2008,
The squeals at the end of Cemetery Gates....... Every time....
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by Yanks4Life92

Yeah, after the chords breakdown he comes back with that fret 20, high e, its magic.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
entombment of a machine by job for a cowboy right after the scream thing then the snare goes then its just heavier than ****. i just get an orgy thinking about it. i just ****ing get goosebumps lol
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
well its not really one note but at around 4:27 in Soothsayer by Buckethead i pretty much cum every time i here that godly shred part. its so soothe and perfect.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
The very first note of the 'No More Tears' solo.

I love that ENTIRE solo. I get an erection when the bass drum kicks in there... ah.
All your base are belong to us.
The pinch harmonicsi n welcome home.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
the e natural at the beginning of the guitar solo in rzors edge (the last movement in Octavarium) its the note that is played over the first chord change, OMDIZZLEZ
I've gotten what you guys are talking about, I just can't recall any certain moments right now.

Anyone have a similar thing with lyrics? I always get that shiver when I hear the lines "What did you dream?........That's alright, we told you what to dream....," in Welcome To The Machine.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Guthrie Govan - Waves
The entire first lick in the first solo section is just...OMG!

Nevermore - Born
The first note in the solo, it just screams.

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Pinch harmonic at the beginning of the second solo...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by aaronob
What song did MGMT play though? Was it Electric Feel? Love that one....

sorry, yeah it was Electric Feel. I completely forgot to say it, lol.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
That recurring thing in There Will Be Blood, where all the strings make one long droning ominous note, its just.....perfect.
Page 1 of 4