Going to get a new guitar 2mora, i like the look of both the PRS SE Custom, and the PRS SE Singlecut, does anyone have any of these guitars? any thoughts on these? also i play punk/hardcore/metal will either of these be ok for this? cheers guys
what's your budget and what country are you in? the SEs i've tried, the QC has been pretty variable, i've played nice ones and horrible ones, so bear that in mind. i wouldn't buy online, in other words.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have an SE Custom. For the price, it's an amazing guitar. The bookmatching is hit or miss, but if you find a good one its beautiful.
im not buying online, would rather pay the extra £20-£30 just to get it from a shop down the round incase i get problems.my budget is around £400, my local shop has both the se custom, and the se single cut, the single cut is £400, and the custom is £350
ok, if you can try them yourself, then at least you should be able to determine whether they're good or bad. odds are it'll be preference as to which you prefer (unless one or other is a "good one, and the other a lemon), there's a pretty big difference in feel etc. between single cuts and double cuts.

personally, i'd prefer a washburn x50pro. the prices have gone up a little recently, unfortunately, but if you look around online you should still be able to find them for £350 or so. problem is, they're not that common so it might be hard to find one to try first.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've been wondering about these also. And what other guitars does the the wide fat neck compares to. How does it feel?
UG's AC/DC Lover
see if your shop has any michael kelly guitars, their valor and patriots are pretty much the same type of models and are just as good, if not better, ive played both the se's and both the michael kelly's, and i ended up getting the michael kelly valor custom, plus they're $50-100 cheaper, and the M.K's have coil taps, unlike the prs. i enjoyed playing the prs but i think the M.K's are better. and you can't adjust the bridge on the prs for alternate tunings past E flat if im not mistaken.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
I played a se custom and loved it, beautiful guitar, I prefer them over the epiphones in the same price range as long as you get a good ones but that's just me.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
i really love my se custom, just put some grobers on it and u like change the pick ups and ull get a reallly reaaally cool sounding guitar.... i got an SE CUSTOM with grobers and gibson pro burstbuckers (the gold ones)
I wouldn't. The ones I tried in GAK were pretty bad to be honest. You'd be better off with an Ibanez or Epiphone around that price.
korean made guitars? but the best epi guitars were made in korea , didnt they ? (elitist les paul series)
I really think that if youre looking for a really NICE SOUND with humbucking system a tremolo bar you should get the SE CUSTOM, best guitar for the prize...

pd: i really love the epiphone les paul silverburst =) (the looks), but they have a horrible headstock
as much as i hate to admit. prs se custom are a hit and miss. some just aren't worth it and some are jems. to buy a se series guitar you are better off testing it in person. fyi if you need one with 24 frets there's a PRS SE Custom 24 coming out soon
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by MaEc
korean made guitars? but the best epi guitars were made in korea , didnt they ? (elitist les paul series)

japan
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The SE's really are hit and miss. I own one but I had to buy the least attractive one they made at the time to find one that felt and sounded right. The biggest complaint I have with it is the pickups which aren't horrible but just don't suit me. The wide fat neck is bigger than most other stuff you are likely to have played. I liek it but you may prefer something thinner. Definitely play them all first.