Page 1 of 2
What is your standing on this issue? I used to think that it was stupid and a bi-product of political correctness gone mad, but now i'm not so sure. While I don't think that employees should be prohibited from saying "Merry christmas!" to customers, it doesn't really seem appropriate to me. Sure, there may becases where it is obvious if someone celebrates christmas, but apart from that you're really just assuming. I've also come to realize now that I'm an atheist how annoying it is that manger scenes are everywhere.

Thoughts?
I support Happy Holidays, or at least a Happy Kwanzaa and Happy Hanukkah thrown in the mix.
I don't really care.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I don't really know. I mean some people don't celebrate Christmas as part of their religion and still buy people gifts or give out cards. Yet at the same time I think sometimes it's more appropriate to say Happy Holidays. I'll gladly use either or both phrase.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by CaptainRon
I'm sick of the huge Mosque they built next to a local park. It just doesn't fit in.

Hahahaha. I give internet love you.

Ever since I was a little boy I've been firmly in favour of ''Merry Christmas''.

Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
If someone tells you "Merry Christmas" and you don't celebrate Christmas, don't bitch about it. They are saying it to be nice.

I'm agnostic and I say Merry Christmas.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Merry Christmas. It's not my fault other ethnicities celebrate the wrong holiday.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
Merry Christmas. It's not my fault other ethnicities celebrate the wrong holiday.

Quote by metaldud536
I don't think it should bother people who don't celebrate Christmas when they're told "Merry Christmas."

i agree.
in a lot of places, christmas is celebrated more than any other holiday. so if you're in a minority i think you should have to get used to it.

that's just me though.
I say happy holidays because I hate christmas.
If I lived alone I wouldn't even celebrate christmas.
Proud Member of the "Shoop da Whoop club"
PM C.C. Deville to join

O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############
Quote by ferretface
If someone tells you "Merry Christmas" and you don't celebrate Christmas, don't bitch about it. They are saying it to be nice.

This.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I don't really know. I mean some people don't celebrate Christmas as part of their religion and still buy people gifts or give out cards. Yet at the same time I think sometimes it's more appropriate to say Happy Holidays. I'll gladly use either or both phrase.

Well you could look at Christmas in a non religious way. Seeing as how some people will acknowledge the existance of Jesus but not as the son of a god, you can see Christmas as the birthday of an influential man......Or so I'm told >_>
Why not combine them and say "happy Christmas"? Or say both, "Happy holidays and merry Christmas"? What I don't get is why both atheists AND religious types all get their panties in a bunch about goddamn Christmas. I mean seriously, why do you care how someone else celebrates a national holiday? I'd classify all the whining as segregation and have you all arrested for human rights violation if I were a dictator (thankfully I'm not (or am I?)).

just enjoy the damn holidays any way you see fit. End of.
It's Merry Christmas god damn it!
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
really does it matter that much to people
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
for those whom i don't know i say "happy holidays" for the people i know i say "merry christmas"

simple no?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Merry Christmas.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
Quote by Flying Couch
I prefer "Bah, humbug!"

On the eve of christmas you will be visited by 3 ghosts. The first will try to convince you that unprotected sex is a good idea, the second will eng=courage you to steal tiny tims crutches, the third will beat you to the crutches.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
They're both nice to hear
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I don't really mind what they say, but I think it should be "Merry Christmas". It's been about CHRISTmas from the very beginning.
Quote by Seryaph
Hold your tongue!! Spare our ears your vile blaspheme.

Chuck Norris doesn't die. He triumphs.
I don't understand what the big deal is about saying Merry Christmas. It's not like someone is stomping all over your religion by saying it if you're not Catholic. It's just said to be nice and as a sign of good will between two people. I wouldn't get all pissy if a Jewish person said Happy Hanukkah to me, I'd say it back and be happy because they're being polite and kind.
no vs threads is my thoughts!

and also who gives a ****.. if the muslims are pissed, **** 'em!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

They're both religious.

Christmas = Christ Mass

Holiday = Holy Day
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by InTheUnblindOf
I don't really mind what they say, but I think it should be "Merry Christmas". It's been about CHRISTmas from the very beginning.

You mean it's been about christ since christians stole the holiday from pagans, right?
I just talked about this with my muslim buddy. He said that he HATES happy holidays. He's a transplant from fiji, a FOREIGNER, its our country, and we should say merry christmas cause thats our national holiday. Just like in arabic countries they say merry ramadan or whatever.
Is this what you want?
Quote by ferretface

I'm agnostic and I say Merry Christmas.

Agreed. If you really want to be correct you'd wish Happy Holidays. But I think political correctness is a **** these days. I don't think I know too many people who actually mean 'there are no holidays out there so you must celebrate what I'm celelbrating' when they say 'Merry Christmas'.
Quote by ValenceElectron
I say happy holidays because I hate christmas.
If I lived alone I wouldn't even celebrate christmas.

"I hate conflounders, I despise whobobblers, I loathe whotwinklers, my say do you follow?"

WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
I say Merry Christmas because I celebrate Christmas. If you celebrate something else say Happy Kwanzaa or Happy Hanukkah or whatever else if you celebrate it. It's the holiday season right now, take pride in whatever you celebrate (or if you don't celebrate anything). People shouldn't be offended that other people celebrate different holidays. You should be happy with what you celebrate and share it with others. Just my opinion anyway.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
I say happy holidays to include the whole 2 week's worth of break. I don't want to say merry christmas and happy new year and have a good winter break. Too much work.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Toastbot
I support Happy Holidays, or at least a Happy Kwanzaa and Happy Hanukkah thrown in the mix.

No "Merry Christmas" thrown in the mix?

So, we can wish other religions a happy holidays, but not Christianity?

I see...

Oh, but yeah, i would say "happy honukkah" if i was talking to someone who celabrates it, or happy kwanzaa if i acctually KNEW someone who celabrates it... Which i don't, and whats odd is, nobody i know seems to know anyone who celabrates it either...
Page 1 of 2