I've been playing for little over a year, I'm pretty decent I think.

Lately I've just been jamming with backing track and I feel that my improvisation skill has increased a lot. I can alternate pick (okay, but not more, working on it) and tap.

I know a few scales, like minor pentatonic, blues scale and 3 different shapes of G major. I just don't know what to learn next? Learning full songs is so boring.

Cheers and merry christmas!
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by Guitar Skater
Theory is alot of fun to learn

What should I learn then? Scales? Chords?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by Guitar Skater
Theory is alot of fun to learn

Ha!

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
everything, its endless trust me playing 6 years and i still find theory stuff that i could be a million times better at. get a book like petrucci's rock disipline and go through it. scales wise learn all your locrian, dorian etc and every chord in every poistion. best thing any guitarist can do is learn every not on the fret board sounds simple but remembering them all at speed isnt.
have fun
Definitely learn the rest of the major scale positions first. You'll have them down in 20 minutes.
Quote by jam979
Definitely learn the rest of the major scale positions first. You'll have them down in 20 minutes.

All G shapes or do you mean E, A etc?? I don't know where to find those, I found G major on justinguitar.com
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Learn the major, minor and pentatonic scales at all 5 positions for each. Make sure you learn them paying attention to were the root note is or they're basically useless.

Practice using all 5 positions of each scale seamlessly.

Learn the fretboard inside out. What notes are where etc.

Learn the CAGED system (EDCAG) or similar. Whatever works for you.

Should be enough for a while
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by willieturnip
Learn the major, minor and pentatonic scales at all 5 positions for each. Make sure you learn them paying attention to were the root note is or they're basically useless.

Practice using all 5 positions of each scale seamlessly.

Learn the fretboard inside out. What notes are where etc.

Learn the CAGED system (EDCAG) or similar. Whatever works for you.

Should be enough for a while

Where do I find what 5 positions are the basic?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube