Quick question. The only thing I have at my house to play on is my 5150. Thing is i don't have a speaker cable right now, only guitar cables. Would there be a risk with using a guitar cable for my cab, even at a really low volume as in less than 2. If there is any risk at all i don't wanna try this so if anybody could tell me id appreciate it. Peace
i wouldn't advise it. it may do no harm or it may fry your amp head completely, i'd just wait it out till you can get your hands on a speaker cable.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
There is a lot of risk. Instrument cables are high impedance and low voltage, speaker cables are low impedance and high voltage.

If you use an instrument cable you're upping the impedance that the amp is running into (bad) and it's not properly rated for the voltage (even worse)

In short, don't do it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
yeah, use a speaker cable.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?