well i play in drop D, in Drop C and occasionally in Drop B ... what guage strings would you recommend that i should buy to suit my needs? thanks
12s
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
I have two guitars for different tunings

for C# i use regular slinky strings
and for
C i use Slinky Top Heavy Bottem

Both Ernie ball
Not trying to thread jack, but what gauge of strings should I use?

I don't tune lower than D, but my 10-46 set are rather loose, I want something tighter. I have really strong fingers, and I tend to overbend, or shove the string off the fretboard when I form chords because of the push on them.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
D standard 10-52
drop C 10 - 56

i like having a really tight bottom string, so the 56 works well for me with drop C

edit: drop B 12-56
i would personally get a ticker string than 56 for the low B, but thats just me
Top lel.
i use 10-46 for my schecter which goes down to drop d flat at most. I normally just use my whammy pedal on my digitech rp250 to detune. i use 11-50 on my washburn and i take that down to drop c, drop b, or drop a. Surprisingly i was able to go to b flat standard with the 11-50 on my washburn and the string were not like spaghetti.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
If you overbend in D, 11-52.

For drop C, at least 11-56, 12-56 for drop B. Drop D, 10-52 is really good. I'd have two guitars, one with the 10-52 on it for drop D and one with like, 12-56 for drop C and B.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I can tune my guitar down to Drop B in .10-52 and they are quite tight.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by shadesofanger
I can tune my guitar down to Drop B in .10-52 and they are quite tight.

it depends on the player i guess

i need to have a REALLY tight low set of strings
its harder to play with, but i find my playing and overall sound is much clearer and tighter
Top lel.