Guys have any tips, sites, etc? I speak Afrikaans (kind of a Dutch rip off) so it shouldn't be too difficult to learn...

Thanx Pit!
Quote by Aguamento

I'm glad he handled it calmly. Joe Satriani should realize that with only 7 notes in the world, some songs are going to sound similar.

My Gear

Yamaha G-225
Ibanez RG7321
Santa-fe 5 String
Ahead 7A Drumsticks
Are you South African? Afrikaans is the most metal language there is.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
it's one of the easiest languages to learn, because it's so close to English. She is in class = Sie ist in Klasse.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Quote by StillSoundRG
it's one of the easiest languages to learn, because it's so close to English. She is in class = Sie ist in Klasse.

Uh no...

If you mean "she is in class":
Sie ist im Unterricht. / Sie ist beim Unterricht.

If you meant "she is in the class (talking about the room, not talking about her taking lessons):
Sie ist in der Klasse.

A lot of the vocabulary is pretty close to English, but the grammar is more complicated and it'll be hell for you to learn all the articles and irregular verbs.

EDIT: I don't mean to demotivate anyone though. It is an extremely precise language, you can often say things in one sentence that require two or three sentences in English.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Dec 21, 2008,
I started learning German to get into the Vienna Medical University, knowing dutch I could understand almost everything I read. the other way around is hard, but the grammar kind of reminds me of latin, so if you would happen to know that too, It might help.
████████
████████
████████
Quote by Your_Dad

lolz ja ek woon in Suid-Afrika. Trotse boerseuntjie!!! Hehe thanx guys!
Quote by Aguamento

I'm glad he handled it calmly. Joe Satriani should realize that with only 7 notes in the world, some songs are going to sound similar.

My Gear

Yamaha G-225
Ibanez RG7321
Santa-fe 5 String
Ahead 7A Drumsticks
Quote by Your_Dad

For the love of god, please change your sig.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich
For the love of god, please change your sig.

^^^

Quote by CrAzE124
Guys have any tips, sites, etc? I speak Afrikaans (kind of a Dutch rip off) so it shouldn't be too difficult to learn...

Thanx Pit!

Yeah, go to school.
Just visit German websites and play video games in German.

At least that's how I learned English.

edit: or is it "learnt"? meh.
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
Quote by StillSoundRG

wrong!!

Sie ist in der Klasse. (/im Unterricht)
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by Survivalism
Yeah, go to school.

Unfortunately we only have English and Afrikaans in South-Africa, with Sotho or Xhosa coming in in the next few years...
Quote by Aguamento

My Gear

Yamaha G-225
Ibanez RG7321
Santa-fe 5 String
Ahead 7A Drumsticks