Hey, I've been playing guitar for a year and a half now and it's about time i upgraded to a more intermediate guitar from my crappy squier strat. I mostly play stuff like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Audioslave, Rage Against the Machine, and some alternative stuff like Goo Goo Dolls. I've went to my local music store and I tried a bunch of them, and I narrowed it down to- Epiphone les paul, PRS SE custom, or a mexi HSS strat. any suggestions on which i should get, i really can't decide
i think prs look rly nice. epiphone silverburst i have the pickups are pretty bad. idk, id get the prs
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Because you've not been playing for too long you will probably want to branch out your styles later and will need a more versatile guitar so id get the PRS
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
i have both an epiphone les paul and a mexi HSS strat. i'd have to say for your style the HSS strat would do you some good. i dont think a les paul would be able to match the Red HotChili Peppers tone. also i've nevr played a PRS but i'd rrecomend a strat
mim strat, then get coil tap/new bucker
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
get the epiphone or go for a cheap gibson. the short necks RULE lol i love it and i cant wait to buy my own! XD
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
The PRS SEs are some of the best guitars at the price. I've played one and was very surprised at the quality of the instrument. I've never played a MIM strat, but the PRS is leagues above the Epi in terms of quality and playability. Can't really comment on the pickups. I played a Semi-hollow with P-90s and it was 1 of the best sounding guitars I've ever heard. I would definitely go with the PRS.