Mine definitely have to be Brad Mehldau's Live album and The Bad Plus' "For All I Care".
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
That Mehldau album was top notch. My favorite jazz albums were probably all 3 that Medeski Martin and Wood put out, they're all fantastic. My favorite blues album has to be Skin Deep, and you might consider Jeff Beck - Live At Ronnie Scotts bluesl
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by sinan90
Mine definitely have to be Brad Mehldau's Live album and The Bad Plus' "For All I Care".

I really need to check out those albums, I'll be they're great. I've heard that Bad Plus album is really killing.

Out of the albums released in 2008 that I've bought, I think my favorite are "Into the Blue" by Nicholas Payton and "Karibu" by Lionel Loueke. If you haven't checked them out, they're way worth a listen. Lionel's guitar playing is totally revolutionary, too... nobody has ever sounded remotely like him, to my ears.
The only albums I got from this year were Pat Metheny's Tokyo Day Trip (which is a Live EP), and John McLaughlin's Floating Point, which is the winner to me.

Skin Deep was good. Though it was more blues-rock-ish, Joe Bonamassa's live album was a good one. Favorite one was Marc Ford's "Neptune Blues Club" however.
Beck's Live At Ronnie Scott's. I got it today and it blew everything else out of the water.
"See the Glory Of the Royal Scam"