Ok so I have a MIM strat with a floating bridge (WHO WOULD GUESS?) and somebody told me to tighten the screws so the bridge is almost touching the body.

Now it seems to be staying in tune better, compared to when I had it sticking up quite a bit.

But why did they guy who set up my guitar leave it up?

This guy says its better to pull it down. Is it safe to use my Trem Bar with it setup like this? (not much gap)
So, you just lowered your action? If so then yeah it's fine, as long as it don't have a bunch of fret-buzz.
i assume the bridge is not routed into the body

in this case it will staay in tune better but you wont be able to pull up
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
do i have to adjust the neck now? since I adjusted the bridge (set it lower to the body/tightend the strings)
Quote by customisbetter
The six screws in front of the guitar bridge? NOOOOO!!
Take a picture of what you are talking about please.

no....I didnt so that lol. I took the back plate off. and in the back of the guitar their are springs. I tightend the springs in the back. is this ok>? do i need to adjust my truss rod now? the guy at the shop said no.
^Ohh. Thats fine. So long as the springs aren't stretching to hard ie: you still have 1/2 in-1in of space between the wood and the claw.

Your truss rod prolly doesn't need to be adjusted unless your strings are buzzing badly, but i would adjust the action higher first if that was the case.
Quote by RockAddict311
no....I didnt so that lol. I took the back plate off. and in the back of the guitar their are springs. I tightend the springs in the back. is this ok>? do i need to adjust my truss rod now? the guy at the shop said no.

yeah i read somewhere that's it meant to do exactly as you described,and no you shouldnt have to play with the truss rod is my understanding
Better tuning stability, worse tremolo usability. You can still pull up but it takes insane amounts of force and your tremolo bar/handle will eat itself into the metal of your tremolo and get stuck and break off. So basically it sucks. Balls.

Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
it's really up to you. it'll probably stay in tune slightly better if it's screwed tight to the body, but it'll sound slightly different, and you'll lose the ability to raise the pitch with the trem. it's personal choice, basically (and also dependent on how badly it holds tuning in floating mode).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
On mine, I also noticed that it sustained better when it wasn't floating. Just another thing you might consider
Quote by customisbetter
^Uh. NO.

Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73