So I have a Schecter Hellraiser right now, and I've grown tired of the EMGs. They were fine when I was just playing metal, but lately I've been playing jazz/fusion and classical stuff, and they just aren't cutting it for me anymore. I need some suggestions for good (passive) pickup combinations. I will still be playing metal for the most part, but I need something a bit more versatile. Right now I'm leaning towards a D-Sonic in the bridge and either a PAF Pro or a PAF Joe in the neck. If you could give me reasons why a certain combination works well, that'd be great. Thanks.

P.S.

The guitar has a mahogany body with a maple top, a string-thru body bridge, and a set neck.
I can get a crazy jazzy sound from my EMG's, try adjusting your amp more.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Doesn't it also depend on the output rate from the EMG's. Do you have the 81/85 set or the 81tw/89's?
Quote by Magik19
Doesn't it also depend on the output rate from the EMG's. Do you have the 81/85 set or the 81tw/89's?
I have an 81 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RGA121
Vetta II HD