so basically Im looking for a pedal that can turn my effects loop on my marshall dsl 100 on and off. Ive been looking at some pedals that say they do that and most of them look like you run the effects pedals through the loop of the "loop pedal"

if that makes sence to anyone

I wanna make sure my pedals are going through the effects loop of my amp and not just a loop in a pedal.

any help?

also im looking for a high quality foot switch for changing the channel on the amp.
write now I use a marshall foot switch but from personal experience they are not very reliable

thanks for any help
Guitars- Gibson SG Stanadard (stock)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Emg 81/85

Amp- Marshall Jcm 2000 DSL/1960 Lead Cab

Pedals- Boss TU-2, Ibanez TS-9, Boss NS-2, Line 6 DL-4, Boss Ph-3, Boss GE-7
Unless the amp is capable of turning the loop on and off, you're out of luck; unless you want to use something like that loop pedal that you found, which will probably suck tone, or get it modded.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If your amp doesn't have the ability to bypass the effects loop then you are kinda limited on your options. That loop pedal you are taking about should work fine depending on how its built. All it does is take all the pedals out of the chain and basically just connects the effects send and return together. Unless it has some electronic switching it shouldn't have a problem with affecting tone.

Here is a link to a very simple loop switch box kit, this one should get the job done with out any affect on your tone. Downside is you need to be able to solder it together but it is about the simplest kit ever made.

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=145&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=45
buy a broken pedal and take out any power source so it is just something to cancel the other effects?
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
where in the chain would i throw the pedal? right after the send?
Guitars- Gibson SG Stanadard (stock)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Emg 81/85

Amp- Marshall Jcm 2000 DSL/1960 Lead Cab

Pedals- Boss TU-2, Ibanez TS-9, Boss NS-2, Line 6 DL-4, Boss Ph-3, Boss GE-7
Quote by plunkett
buy a broken pedal and take out any power source so it is just something to cancel the other effects?

If your talking about what I think you are, then turning off the pedal turns off everything. Once anything is plugged into the effects loop its now being re-routed. Meaning if you have a kill device inbetween the loop it kills your sound. It wont just kill the effects. But I could be confused and what your getting at...
Quote by Adelaide
where in the chain would i throw the pedal? right after the send?

If you use the type of pedal I talked about it would go like this

Excuse the artwork.

But anyway the pedal would go between the effects loop and the effects pedals. When the switch is active the send would be tied to the green line and the return to the blue line. But when the pedal is in bypass mode the send and receive would be tied directly together bypassing all effects and essentially disabling the effects loop.

Its the best you could do if the amp doesn't have a real effects bypass.

EDIT: The switch I posted earlier in the thread was a kit that you would have to solder your self, I found this one on Ebay with no assembly required.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Effects-Loop-Switch-Pedal-Miniature-Format_W0QQitemZ190274902349QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item190274902349&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1309|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
Last edited by Demigawd at Dec 22, 2008,