Hey all,
I've got a question for UG. I recently got a vintage silverface Vibro Champ, and i love it. when it's cranked it gets a decent amount of break up, but i was wondering how much it' 'should' get...cause it's not even really like zeppelin amounts, but i am using a squier. it's just i saw a youtube video, no OD apparently, and the guy had an Ibanez "something with humbuckers" and I was wondering if that was the difference.

One other question, when i have the bass at a level that i like the sound of, when the lower strings are played, theres and odd, maybe rattling sound? maybe the speaker? especially if i try and palm mute (like the start of Bring it on Home) it actually sounds not good at all.

I'm not as worried about the breakup, cause i can always get an OD, and i might be getting a fuzz face. the bass setting is 7, and i was wondering if it was just too much, and getting muddy, or if theres an issue?

I'll bold the questions haha, thanks all.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
yeah, that's very true. Well, then i'd just like to know where it should be at, make sure theres nothing wrong with my amp. could the speaker affect how it breaks up? that'd kill two birds with one stone
Quote by Mister.Y

I am pretty confident that the rattling is normal. It could be stuff in the room that you are playing in. It could also just be the speaker not made to handle lots of bass.

It also seems that you are getting about the right amount of gain. Old little Fender tube amps weren't made to get much gain, so the amount you are getting sounds about right with single coils.
alrighty then, and i figured that it was things in the room, as when the record players turned up...things rattle. and when it's REALLY turned up, you can hear rattling couple floors down haha. alright, i might invest in an OD as well then. i'm glad the speakers ok, as it's the original...and that's always good. and fenders are generally brighter amps, so i'll just tweak the EQ and tone knob a bit, as i have the tone on the neck pickup rolled to like 3 most of the time.
Quote by Mister.Y