So yeah, it's the first night tonight, I know it's not a big Jewish holiday or anything but it's still fun. The Jewish side of my family came over and I'm eating potato pancakes and enjoying the Dark Knight as I write this. How was the first night of Hanukkah for all you Jewish UGers.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
have you guys ever considered accepting the LORD jesus christ as your personal savior? you should look into it, unless you want to go to hell! lol
Quote by Powerhouse
have you guys ever considered accepting the LORD jesus christ as your personal savior? you should look into it, unless you want to go to hell! lol

to bad he doesn't exist
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by StreetLight3989
So yeah, it's the first night tonight, I know it's not a big Jewish holiday or anything but it's still fun. The Jewish side of my family came over and I'm eating potato pancakes and enjoying the Dark Knight as I write this. How was the first night of Hanukkah for all you Jewish UGers.

are you kidding me? hanukkah is huge
I'm not Jewish, but I'm making Latkes anyway. They're delicious!
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Powerhouse

Quote by GmacD
to bad he doesn't exist

HEY, play nice or take it to the religion thread
Quote by Powerhouse

Quote by GmacD
to bad he doesn't exist

I believe both comments are unnecessary and off topic.

What is the purpose/origin of Hanukkah?

So basically, you didnt bang a girl, because she was shocked how small it was.
Lolz @ j00 and your tiny p3n1s.

I *heart* Metal ----Violent J----
Quote by WhitePonyDftons

Honestly I'm not that good at the whole religion thing but what I've heard from Jews who are more into Judaism than me is that it's not that big of a holiday and it was just made that way to compete with Christmas because it was the same time of year.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by WhitePonyDftons

Not really. It's only been inflated to compete with Christmas. Yom Kippur is way more important.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by StreetLight3989
Honestly I'm not that good at the whole religion thing but what I've heard from Jews who are more into Judaism than me is that it's not that big of a holiday and it was just made that way to compete with Christmas because it was the same time of year.

they shoulda told that to anne frank
Quote by violent.j.11

Exactly, if you want to bicker, take it to the Religion thread
Quote by WhitePonyDftons

it's especially huge in the west because its at christmas time, but religiously its actually one of the smaller holidays
Quote by Powerhouse

lol @ obvious trolling
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by violent.j.11

What is the purpose/origin of Hanukkah?

hey hey hey...dont you guys hate me just for trying to point your lives in teh right direction, its okay man dont get so angry! LOL
*Christmas
You young people and your crazy spelling.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I could actually go for some potato pancakes right now
Happy Hannukkah!
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by Ur all $h1t
*Christmas
You young people and your crazy spelling.

and as off topic as this is the exsistance of a man we call Jesus is a historical fact, his super powers are disputable though.
I'm celebrating the first day of it by watching the whole of season 1 of the A-team and eating steak.

Mainly because it's a lot easier to say "Happy Hannibal" than "Happy Hanukkah".
I don't want to sound like a jackass or anything, but I didn't know Jews watched the Dark Night.
Quote by WhitePonyDftons

Please note, the fallowing information is coming from someone who's 100% Jewish and went to 13 years of Hebrew School:

Hanukkah isn't huge at all. In fact, Hanukkah isn't even a holiday, it's a Festival. Some Jewish families don't even celebrate it. It's not a Jewish Christmas, which is what everyone seems to think.
Feed your mind.
Quote by ibanezsa2214
I don't want to sound like a jackass or anything, but I didn't know Jews watched the Dark Night.

It's hard to avoid, being all up there in the sky most of the time.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by 1201ZJ
Merry Christmas!!!!!!

jerk
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by GmacD
to bad he doesn't exist

So you dont believe in jesus, but you have a huge merry christmas signature? does that make any sense? do you know what christmas is about?
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."
Frank Zappa
Well, I'm not Jewish, but my internet, cable, and phone were out until just now so I did get to watch some movies.
Now I'm listening to the Eagles game.
awe...
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by teles kick ass
So you dont believe in jesus, but you have a huge merry christmas signature? does that make any sense? do you know what christmas is about?

A pagan ritual taken over by Catholics and moved 4 days later as a PR stunt to make the transition for pagans easier.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by GmacD
to bad he doesn't exist

No shit, he got crucified at 33.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand