SO guys i need your help
i unscrewed the 5 way switch of my strat because it was loose and
now i've got problems screwing it in again , the screw just doesnt want to hold the switch

thx for any help
You could try putting glue on the screw, put it back in and wait for it to dry. Make sure theres no glue on the body. Guitar tech told me that.
is the guard off the guitar? or are you screwing from the top?

because you might not be hitting the switch hole correctly, if at all.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the strat has no pickguard ,but somehow i think that im not hitting the hole correctly ,are there some tips how to do this?
Quote by cryzhadry
the strat has no pickguard ,but somehow i think that im not hitting the hole correctly ,are there some tips how to do this?

are you saying that the guard is off? or that you have a solid body strat, that didnt come with a guard at all?

http://www.axeblaster.com/wiring/mexicanhss/MexiHSS2.jpg

see the bottom of the guard? the screws go thru the holes in the switch and hold them tight.
if the hole in the switch is not catching the screw, because the hole is too big, then add a little nut on the inderside to hold it in place. take the screw wt you to a hardware store ask for its mate.

dont use glue.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

dont use glue? Its wat the luthier uses when ppl strip their screws holes or their strap lock screw wont grip.
if it's a wood body guitar and a strap button. they add wood and wood glue.

i think he's talking about a strat. and a 5-way switch. and a screw that isnt gripping the switch.
you wouldnt use glue on a switch, held onto a plastic guard when the metal hole on the 5-way is stripped.
you would add a nut behind the screw.

if it turns out to be some sort solid body super strat, i'm sure he'll repost, because i asked in my last post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yeah no problem. the thread starter is a little vague.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

sry guys , my internet was down for several days

its a solid body strat without any pickguard