I read through the Bass FAQ's and found some valuable info on what to get for my first bass amp. Lookin through them i see most just have a basic EQ and controls. Since i really don't know what style i'll get into on bass I don't know what amp will suit me best. On guitar i like to play hard rock but play lots of other genres as well.

The question i have is i know there are line 6 modeling bass amps but are they any good for playing different genres for a beginner? Just sort of curious. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Wampler Triple Wreck Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
the tones of those modeling amps dont help at all. bass is much more sensitive to the players hearing than guitar when it comes to getting a good tone and those amps untrain your ear.
As a rule, the Line 6 combos are pretty bad. I can't think of any modeling amps that are really good off hand. I'd suggest any of those amps in the FAQ and then perhaps a Digitech modeling stompbox. That'll give you some options as far as tone and effects go.

P-EDIT: Any of the multi-effects on here should do ya good, depending on how much you want to spend.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Last edited by P-Bass Pirate at Dec 21, 2008,
Is it pretty simple to get different tones out of a bass amp? is it similar to guitar where changing the eq and gain and you got yourself a different tone?
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Wampler Triple Wreck Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Quote by tomsy49
Is it pretty simple to get different tones out of a bass amp? is it similar to guitar where changing the eq and gain and you got yourself a different tone?

thats the idea
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!