Quote by SynGates14
Its pretty cool man

Well, thank you for the very constructive feedback.

Anyone else?
I really like it. Reminds me of Obscura. Sorry I can't be very helpful, just letting you know.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
ftw with the dissonance
imo too much of it,
but spose its.... unique.
maybe have an underlying riff that isnt too dissonant to bring people back from insanity now and then :s
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
Quote by Jake the Peg
ftw with the dissonance
imo too much of it,
but spose its.... unique.
maybe have an underlying riff that isnt too dissonant to bring people back from insanity now and then :s

Well, this song is definately not for people who can't take dissonance. However, if you enjoy Gorguts' later work you might enjoy this too.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Dec 22, 2008,
not sayin cant take it, it jus seems this may be an overdose. ;P
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
First off, Just a comment overall about the song. It sounds very sludgey. I don't know if that's what your going for, but it's what you got. That's not necessarily a good or bad thing, but it's just a statement of being.

Anyways. Critting as I go...

The first riff was cool. Set a good mood. Reminded me of falling into a swamp. After that, the next riff continued along this notion.

The riff on bars 11-12 was very good, I liked the bass being so prominent.
Again, to that 2nd riff, which again, was good. I'd just like to point out that I liked the drums there A LOT.

11-12 riff again....

Ah, you used a 7/8 riff! My favorite time signature! Woo! Very good section, my favorite so far.

The bars after that, 27-28 however, weren't so great. They were just a little too.... offtime. It didn't add anything to the song, and just annoyed me.

Again, another 7/8 riff, which sounds very good as well. I liked the use of the ride.

That riff that I didn't like as much again...

Then, this nice little lead break. Now THAT Added something good. I would replace the 27-28 section with one of those.

The 39-46 riff was good, acted as a good bridge between the earlier riff, and the next section, which was my favorite so far. It started off sounding Opethy, but then the tempo change made me instantly thing Dream Theater. It reminded me of building a staircase, as much of Dream Theater's music does.

The next transition riff was good, but seemed a bit too much like what it was. A filler.

Back to that first riff that I really liked.... and that good section again with the good drums...Then the bassy section....

I liked the drum fill, and then the next section. Actually, bars 86-94 were my favorites. Aside from the staircase section.

Vocals section was good, but I'm not sure quite what kind of vocals you would put over it. It's too light for Death, too heavy for clean, possibly like, black metal shrieks, but I don't know how that would turn out...

And then the ending.

Overall, a very nice song. I liked it a lot, it was creative, dissonant, but not too much, and totally interesting.

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1028624

Thanks
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
The only part I liked was bar 86-101. I think it would have been better to make the song similar to that part, but more technical.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
The different time sigs work very well, I'd like to know how you do that .
I liked it a lot, a very sic\dark feel. The gorguts influence is very obvious, maybe a bit too much actually...
The dissonance didn't bother me at all, in fact, it could've been even more clashing if you used some other chords than diminished ones here and there, you kind of overdo them sometimes. Still great though! 8\10

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1028534
1-4 is very odd.
A little creepy.

I like the funky swagger 5-10. It's almost danceable.
It would be a dark dance of death, but it's still a "fun" riff.

11-13. Meh. A good way to seperate the funk riff.

Return of the DoD riff. Nice.

The meh riff again. Meh.

This breakdown is a little unnerving.
The drumwork here is excellent.

37-38 I will dub the DillengerMan riff, as it reminds me of DEP. Good stuff.

I like the 2nd breakdown more. Much more somber...oh ****!
What is this?
Bar 51 really takes off!
This whole section (up to 70) is quite unusual.
It's good that implemented the speedier tempo there, as it was quite the attention getter.

You know how I feel about 71-85.

The more straightforward melodic direction of 86-101 was a little frightening, as everything before this was dark and dank.
It was like going from blindness to being overwhelmed with sight.
That might be a little hyperbolic, but it does convey what I believe you are trying to accomplish here.
The problem is that I'm working on song that uses similar dynamics, and now I feel that my idea isn't as original anymore. Bastard.

You get a 1/10 for such soul-crushing techniques.
But the song is like 9/10.

Not to be the grinchly asshole (which I will be), but could you crit my Elonia piece?
I've seen some of the stuff you've done and it's great. I'd like to see what you think of said piece.
Go to Mein Comps and you'll see.
Don't worry, Hilter isn't lurking in that page...