Page 1 of 2
link
They are keeping all current models in production and will be adding some new ones. I don't have a VHT or anything but the name always struck me as distinctive. I can't even imagine how to pronounce the new name. What does everyone think about this?
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
Last edited by the Sinner at Dec 21, 2008,
So basically, AXL isn't selling anything of their own so they're buying VHT to trick people into buying something with a good name?

Wow.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
ehh ew?
Gear:
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Strat
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
2x12 cab
crybaby 535q
Yamaha acoustic
zoom fire 36
boss mega distortion
This is a sad day... The VHT name is legendary, and powerful.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
The former owner of VHT is now building amps under his own name: Fryette Amplification.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
They may as well change their name to 'Bender Boxes.'
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Van Noord
The former owner of VHT is now building amps under his own name: Fryette Amplification.

We know. But VHT is still a more commanding title, fitting of the amplifiers themselves. Fryette, even though it's the guy's name is just...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

hahaha! fryette! that is great! fry it amps
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Either this dude just made a great move and sold a name he didn't need, or he boned himself right in the arse and will go down in flames. For some reason I think it's the later.

MatrixClaw: I thought the exact thing about axl.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Hmm Vht was a name that demanded respect, and the design was also nice.

I also liked how they had the green power button.
great, now VHT pittbulls are gunna be even more expensive with VHT written on them.
AXL sued VHT in August, probably why they ended up with the name.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by xwearesinking
Fryette is such a lame name.

I can't wait for their Rectumfrier clone.
They'll probably name it the Rectumfryette.

/fail
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by MatrixClaw
So basically, AXL isn't selling anything of their own so they're buying VHT to trick people into buying something with a good name?

Wow.

This. Aren't all of their guitars low-end crap?
Quote by Shinozoku
We know. But VHT is still a more commanding title, fitting of the amplifiers themselves. Fryette, even though it's the guy's name is just...

Also this.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Steven Fryette Design, Inc. bought VHT?!?

Is the economy that bad??

yeh, it is
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I really don't see how VHT can be doing poorly. I've seen their name left and right, they sell well, especially for their high prices. There is always a bigger company out there.

It's my turn to put an end to it... /prisonbreak
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by bjovi400
Steven Fryette Design, Inc. bought VHT?!?

Is the economy that bad??

yeh, it is

No... Steven Fryette was the owner of the VHT name (I think).

^Maybe he just got sick of seeing Marshalls, Fenders, Peaveys, Gibsons and wanted to start plastering his last name everywhere too?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Dec 21, 2008,
Quote by jake911
Why did they sue? It says intellectual property??

Yeah, I don't get it either.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by Kevin Saale
Either this dude just made a great move and sold a name he didn't need, or he boned himself right in the arse and will go down in flames. For some reason I think it's the later.

MatrixClaw: I thought the exact thing about axl.

+1

vht sounded kinda cool, you have to admit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
to Valve Harmonic Technology (ithinkthat'swhatitstandsfor)

In other news:

17) How can I get the "Brown Sound"?

Hard Way: Re-incarnate as Eddie.
Pro: You will be you.
Con: Relatives will be mystified by the sudden disappearance of your former self.

Easy way: Check out the Deliverance D60H
Pro: You can still be you and develop your own style too.
Con: You'll still have to keep practicing.
Quote by imgooley
to Van Halen Tone (at least, that's what I've heard from another forum)

In other news:

17) How can I get the "Brown Sound"?

Hard Way: Re-incarnate as Eddie.
Pro: You will be you.
Con: Relatives will be mystified by the sudden disappearance of your former self.

Easy way: Check out the Deliverance D60H
Pro: You can still be you and develop your own style too.
Con: You'll still have to keep practicing.

RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
I think there's more to it than just a big payday for Steve. That lawsuit over trademark/IP is just too coincidental. It's obviously not the rosey relationship he depicts in the interview.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
you mean axl nicked the name, more or less, and it's too much bother/expense to sue them? that kind of thing?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you mean axl nicked the name, more or less, and it's too much bother/expense to sue them? that kind of thing?

no, AXL is suing VHT over trademark/IP violations, that means VHT nicked something from AXL, in their opinion anyway. Now Steve is supposedly selling the brand name "VHT" to AXL, and they will use that name to market their amps. The current line of VHT amps are going to be under the Fryette name.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Everyone better gear up. Its gonna be another MG line.

"What do you mean this amp sucks its a VHT "

ohhh god I can hear it now..

AXL specializes in entry level low price gear, so it's a good possibility there will be budget beginner VHT amps coming on the market. The worst part is AXL is known for ****ty quality products from their 18 factories in China. The VHT name is going to become associated with junk if their current trend continues.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Dec 22, 2008,
Sadly, this is true... And they used be goddamn boutiques!

Stupid name.

Quote by Erock503
AXL specializes in entry level low price gear, so it's a good possibility there will be budget beginner VHT amps coming on the market. The worst part is AXL is known for ****ty quality products from their 18 factories in China. The VHT name is going to become associated with junk if their current trend continues.

Yup thats what im worried about, theres going to be a lot of confusion and alot of entry level stuff re-branded with a high class name a-la Park and Marshall's little get together.

It might work out, but my money is on miserable fail...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yup thats what im worried about, theres going to be a lot of confusion and alot of entry level stuff re-branded with a high class name a-la Park and Marshall's little get together.

It might work out, but my money is on miserable fail...

and so it begins
http://www.vhtamplifier.com/main.html
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503

Those actually look kinda cool, but they're killing the VHT name with their wimpy EL-84s and 6V6s!

Where are the KT-88s!!?!?!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by imgooley

Oh god.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Well that was fast lol...

looks like they wasted no time using one of their designs and slapping the VHT logo on it.

http://www.axlguitars.com/aams181gn.html

vs

http://www.vhtamplifier.com/main.html

Quote by MatrixClaw

Those actually look kinda cool, but they're killing the VHT name with their wimpy EL-84s and 6V6s!

Where are the KT-88s!!?!?!

it's not a real VHT man
amp clips
amp vids
Page 1 of 2