I'm thinking about spending some money on refurbishing my epiphone explorer.

I know people will say 'oh noes it's an epiphone, don't bother' but I really love this guitar, it's got alot of sentimental value and is built good and plays well. However after i snapped the headstock off of it, it kind of stayed at my friends house and was neglected for around 2yrs before i finally got round to fixing it so it's in a pretty bad way right now.

It needs a new nut so does anyone know where I could get one thats the right size?

The wiring is also screwed so it will need to be completely rewired.

I was also thinking of replacing the pickups and putting a pair of SD Alnico II Pros in there.

Any other suggestions?

How difficult/expensive is it to refurbish a guitar?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Ha, yeah. I would tell you its not worth it, but you seem to be adamant about it.
How are you going to fix the headstock? Unless you are using the glue that golds the universe together, won't you need to buy a new neck?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by TehMasterSword
Ha, yeah. I would tell you its not worth it, but you seem to be adamant about it.
How are you going to fix the headstock? Unless you are using the glue that golds the universe together, won't you need to buy a new neck?

It's okay I fixed the headstock a few months ago and it's pretty solid. I can post pics if you'd like. I think that's why it's kinda got feeling value on it. It's like it died but came back from the dead.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
how did you snap a headstock o.O pics por favor.

im bad at fixing guitars so i can't help you there.
Ah, I see why you are going through with it now. I would too in your spot.

Nothing you are doing should be too hard, but may I suggest using the custom guitar build forum for more help? Those guys are extremely knowledgable and more than helpful.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by Amazing Pudding
Oh, hell yeah. Let me see the once-broken headstock.

Lol I'll upload pics now and put them in my original post.

I leant it against a chair and being an explorer...didn't stand up very well. It fell over and the thing cracked.

edit: I'll upload in the morning, I'm knackered lol, want to go to bed.

Quote by TehMasterSword
Ah, I see why you are going through with it now. I would too in your spot.

Nothing you are doing should be too hard, but may I suggest using the custom guitar build forum for more help? Those guys are extremely knowledgable and more than helpful.

Didn't think of that, don't really browse that forum.
Thanks alot
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Last edited by Gregoric at Dec 21, 2008,
No problem =D
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50