Right, im heavily into my post rock stuff right now, and i've been told to get 2 delays in my rig.

I already have a DD7, people reccomend another DD (mainly the 3) The big green line 6 delay model delay (DM4?) or a carbon copy.

I can understand running a carbon copy aswell for analog tone, but what are the advantages of running 2 delays into my rig?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
You can cascade the 2 different delays for super crazy ambient noise, and the analog/digital tones can be used to their advantages like you said.
Quote by stratdud39
idk more possibilities, satch does it, and claims it gives him a form of reverb.

Yeah satch uses 2 delays with different times, one for short style reverby like tone and the second one is a longer time, its a good technique to use in shred as well as Post-Rock.
I currently run 4, will be 6 before the new year.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Hmmm thanks guys also, another dd, the dl4 or go analog?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

Quote by thellamaking
as much as multiple delays can have good uses, 6 is just overkill.

nope.

Ibanez DE-7 (digital/long delays), Maxon AD-9 Pro (analog, short delays) Boss RV-3 (reverb/delay), Akai Headrush E2 (loop/tap tempo), Boss PS-2 (pitch shift/delay), Digitech PDS 20/20 (lo-fi, crazy, ****ed up delay/loop).

Maybe overkill for classic rock, or something boring like that.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by cliff_em_all
Hmmm thanks guys also, another dd, the dl4 or go analog?

I'd grab the DL4 and a Carbon Copy.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by xwearesinking
I'd grab the DL4 and a Carbon Copy.

Well its a choice of either right now, as i already have one delay.

And i've heard of reliability isues about the carbon copy, i was talking to a guy from MXR and he seemed nopt to keen on a warranty thrown in.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by cliff_em_all
Well its a choice of either right now, as i already have one delay.

And i've heard of reliability isues about the carbon copy, i was talking to a guy from MXR and he seemed nopt to keen on a warranty thrown in.

ohh okay. whatever is most different than what you already have then.

Really? That's the first problem I've heard about the CC.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the DL4 on the other hand - mostly by touring musicians though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

i'd get the Carbon Copy instead of the DL4 because you already have a Digital delay.

And nearly every guitar product ever made has some stories of it dying and not working, so don't be concerned if it happens to you, you can easily take it back.
Enter Mr Satriani. I'd go for one digital and one analogue, that way you get the slight tone damping and lush analogue mixed with the clear and crisp digital sound. Plus you'd get a much longer delay on a digital, which you need if you're cascading delays (at least I do).
Firstly, 2 delays is totally usable, as other people have already said. Personally, Id go with the DL-4. I like the carbon copy, but its rather muddy. And yes, I know analog delays inherently lack the clarity of digtal, thats part of their allure. I have a deluxe memory man, and I love it, but the carbon copy goes beyond analog mush. But dont get me wrong, its still a good delay, its just not nearly as useful as the dl-4. Ive never heard of any reliability issues for the CC, but I dunno, the DL-4 has so many more possibilities. It has a great looper and multiple delay presets, something the carbon copy and the dd-7 lack. True, it wont sound exactly like an analog delay, but unless your using it solely for recording, for live use it will sound essentially the same, just much more convenient and versatile.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Last edited by HeartInACage at Dec 21, 2008,
Ibanez DE-7, Boss DD-3, MXR Carbon Copy, Ibanez AD-9, Maxon AD-999 are good ones.

And as far as overkill, I hardly think 6 is overkill; now The Edge who's got like 3 different rackmount units and several pedals, that's a bit much considering he can get basically everything from the TC 2290 and his Korg unit.

Anyways, in my ideal pedal setup, I'd probably have at least 5: Boss DD-6 for long delays and reverse/warp delays, Boss DD-3 for shorter delays/echoes and more rhythmic echo (a la Devin Townsends DTB/solo rhythm tone), Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man (x2), Line 6 DL-4 for Looping/Sampling, and then maybe a Roland Space Echo for weirder stuff.

Reverb: Line 6 Verbzilla and the Digitech Hardwire RV-8 thing (whatever it's called), and maybe a Boss RV-3 for washier ISIS type stuff.
Last edited by RG_FANMAN at Dec 21, 2008,
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Ibanez DE-7, Boss DD-3, MXR Carbon Copy, Ibanez AD-9, Maxon AD-999 are good ones.

And as far as overkill, I hardly think 6 is overkill; now The Edge who's got like 3 different rackmount units and several pedals, that's a bit much considering he can get basically everything from the TC 2290 and his Korg unit.

Anyways, in my ideal pedal setup, I'd probably have at least 5: Boss DD-6 for long delays and reverse/warp delays, Boss DD-3 for shorter delays/echoes and more rhythmic echo (a la Devin Townsends DTB/solo rhythm tone), Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man (x2), Line 6 DL-4 for Looping/Sampling, and then maybe a Roland Space Echo for weirder stuff.

Reverb: Line 6 Verbzilla and the Digitech Hardwire RV-8 thing (whatever it's called), and maybe a Boss RV-3 for washier ISIS type stuff.

wooord. thanks for the backup.

if you think 6 is overkill, you don't even want to see the stuff i have lined up for next year. with birthday money, pay raise, tax refund.

oh god.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

I find I can get all the big delay stuff I need with a DMM and a Holy Grail reverb but have fun with it all.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I would consider some sort of rack unit where you can apply multiple delays and such without having to spend waaaay too much money and time for each individual pedal. Get something where you can save presets and switch to specific ones, not have to have only 1 pedals ready to go before you play.

TC Electronics G-major would be suitable.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio