Which one would you recommend?
I play anything from the beatles to metalcore to pop punk straight up indie.
I have a AC30.
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
maxon od808

/thread
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
wait, i can understand a AC30 for the beatles, indie, and punk, but metalcore...?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by thellamaking
not that versatile though

no kidding, i'm really just curious, but metalcore? there's no way that amp can pull that off
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I say get the Tube overdrive.

The level knob and the gain knob can be anywhere and it will sound just as good as the TS9 better IMO.

The lo and hi knobs have to be before 1 oclock to get TS9 sounds, anything after that is really bosted far more than a TS9 IMO while still maintaining good tone.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Dec 22, 2008,
Quote by acdclandon
no kidding, i'm really just curious, but metalcore? there's no way that amp can pull that off

He's probably thinking of something like Underoath.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Between the two, I'd say tubescreamer, but if you can pull out $50 more, Fulltone OCD.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
If you are trying to hit metalcore OD levels, the Hardwire will be better than the TS-9.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I think the Hardwire will be better either way.

ts9 is no competition next to the CM-2.

Just cause it offers more gain it dosent sacrifice tone.

I can always get better sounds out of the CM-2, even when there tone controls are set up similar next to each other.

Id have to say the only better pedal your ganna find is boutique ones even then its still great.
Quote by THEKID546
I think the Hardwire will be better either way.

ts9 is no competition next to the CM-2.

Just cause it offers more gain it dosent sacrifice tone.

I can always get better sounds out of the CM-2, even when there tone controls are set up similar next to each other.

Id have to say the only better pedal your ganna find is boutique ones even then its still great.

You really like hardwire don't you?

And maxon 808, amazing pedal.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
^yah i do.

My amps real crap by itself.

Its a V18, and after playing for weeks with diffrent OD's and DS pedals its the only one that makes it sound so good the way it does now, the way I sound now to by the way.

the pedal no kidding has really made me a better player, its just so dynamic and really helpfull tool in developing my technique.

Not that the TS9 or other pedals in the same price range are complete crap but I just really bealive that this one took the cake for not being a boutique, this and the jekyl and hyde.

The other pedals like Greenscreamers or TS7, or Boss OD's are mediocre IMO and for 20 bucks more you can really get something alot more worthwhile in the CM-2.