The Music - Is it about how good it sound, or how hard it is to play?

Poll: Do you like the music you like because
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like the music you like because
it sounds good
120 94%
its hard to play which makes me good.
8 6%
Voters: 128.
How good it sounds.... look at Nirvana...
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Music can be really difficult to perform and still sound like shit.

Dragonforce comes to mind.
how good it sounds.

what a ****ing ridiculous question.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Quote by brian_donkey000
smoke on the water

LOL

That what you posted in like the last 10 threads

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
definitely how good it sounds. Dragonforce comes to mind to me as well. Their music sounds like **** and not even Herman Li can play his own music.
Due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
I CN PLY Yngway Marmalde ALL His Sngs This MAKS ME A BETR PLYR THN YU lololololol
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
How good it sounds, but it's fun to challenge yourself by making hard riffs and solos, but it still has to sound good.
Yea I chose option 2 because even if it sounds like sh*t, if it is hard, I am better than you and that is all that matters....

Sarcasm (but I did seriously choose option 2 by accident)
Quote by rocknrollstar
How it sounds.

I'll take a Ramones song over a Dream Theatre song anyday.

I don't care about how hard it is to play, but personally I think Dream Theater sounds 100x better than the Ramones anyway.

Easy to play =/= Sounds good

Hard to play =/= Sounds like sh*t
Quote by EnemyWolf
I don't care about how hard it is to play, but personally I think Dream Theater sounds 100x better than the Ramones anyway.

Easy to play =/= Sounds good

Hard to play =/= Sounds like sh*t

Good for you.
Lets take a look at the HUman Abstract shall we.

On Nocturn they had a wide variety of very technically sound songs.
The riffs were well coordinated, the sound was awesome and it was very had to play even for a intermediate to advanced player.

Now look at their sophomore effort. Midheaven. Although not as technically intricate clearly due to the departure of Aj Minnette, Midheaven wasn't as good as Nocturn. This beeing because the sound was poorly equalized.On most of the tracks the vocals were louder than the guitars. The guitars had horrible tone. It was sloppy

Sound is clearly more important than the technicality of a riff.

But in pit terms DRAGONFORCE!?!??!?!?!!?!?!!!
I could write that absolute hardest, longest song in the world in about half an hour and it would sound horrible. It's all about good sound.
I listen to music for both reasons.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by dubstar92
How good it sounds.... look at Nirvana...

Perfect example of why "sounding 'good'" doesnt really sound all that great.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
What's important is how it sounds. The only real connection the two aspects have is that stuff that's moderately difficult to play tends to have more depth and sound better than something that's really simple. Stuff that's too simple can get boring because of a lack of variation.
How good it sounds. Although there is a lot of technical stuff that sounds very good as well.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
haha who the **** says that music that is hard to play it wat they like... its definatly wat sounds good ... but **** is normally harder cause it has more complex melodys of harminic **** r w/e so hard to play stuff its good most of the time... i just hate when say that band sounds horrible nd sumones like but they have tallent ... w/e if they had tallent they wouldnt should like ****
I Shit You Not
I hate polls like this because they imply that you can't have a technically challenging song that sounds good.

Between the Buried and Me. Seriously. I've never been more tempted to use one of those annnoying '/thread' things than right now.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
BTBAM is maybe a little too technical. Seems like they get their rocks off by including at least 400 genres in each song, usually in a non-tasteful way
well prog metal is awesome, sounds great, and is very hard to play.

so both

I voted for sound though
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...