Hi again!

So, I'm going to buy an amp (combo or head+cabinets) and maximum price is at 500€.
My objective is to plug the guitar to my Line6 pod x3 live and then plug the pod x3 live to the amp. I've seen some at thomann like Peavey Windsor but I really don't know much about amps. Beetwen combos and head+cabinet up to 500€ what would you recommend?

Thanks.
I'm actually not sure.. but I think using the amp models from the pod would have the advantages of very different sounds when i need them right? What would be advantages or otherwise on using amp models on pod or leaving it to the amp?
Quote by visean
I'm actually not sure.. but I think using the amp models from the pod would have the advantages of very different sounds when i need them right? What would be advantages or otherwise on using amp models on pod or leaving it to the amp?

Sure, for versatility's sake, the POD might be better.. but you'd be wasting the tone from the Windsor's natural overdrive (speaking of which it's a one channel amp, and has no designated clean channel... not too sure about how that would work).

If you want the sound that the Windsor makes (I've heard it's peavey's own jcm800?), then you would use the POD strictly for effects, but as it doesn't have an effects loops, it may be sub-par quality.

Many people use POD's for effects through tube amps via the 4-cable method (need effects loop), and get fantastic results.
If you'd want to use the effects AND amp models, don't get the windsor.
So an atomic amp would be the best option if I want to use the amp models (in the price range)? It seems quite hard to find though.
Are there any other alternatives? I don't think I can get my hands on an atomic from where I'm from.
if your going to use the pod for everything but just a normal clean sound, than the roland jazz chorus is for you, if you can find one thats less than 500
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Assuming I would use the amp instead of the amp models of the pod, I would only need an amp with an effects loop on it?
I live in Portugal. The European dealer for Atomic is sold out, used seems hard to find since the biggest european companies for music products don't have them for sale.
The tubes of a tube amp would colour your tone too much. Therefore either get a tube amp and use effects ONLY. Or get a Roland Cube and use the JC clean on it as a foundation for your POD Amp Models AND effects.

Edit: You can get a Roland Cube OR any other clean solid state.
Last edited by Luxifer at Dec 21, 2008,
Well, since I can get nice sounds with just using the pod for effects, I'm really considering on getting an amp head+cabinet or combo (tube amp). Any that you would recommend, keeping in mind it's up to 500€ and to use with pod x3 live?
Quote by Luxifer
The tubes of a tube amp would colour your tone too much. Therefore either get a tube amp and use effects ONLY. Or get a Roland Cube and use the JC clean on it as a foundation for your POD Amp Models AND effects.

Edit: You can get a Roland Cube OR any other clean solid state.

A keyboard or bass amp, or powered speaker would probably be better, considering with amp models, you want a flat-response base.
what styles do you play?
do you need a lot of volume? (gigs/practice and such)
how much is 500E in u.s. dollars?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by visean
I'm really looking at that powered speaker thing. Something like this http://www.thomann.de/pt/db_technologies_s_350_entertainer_system.htm and the pod x3 live would do the job?

...if you like your pod's models than yes
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I play blues, jazz, guns n roses, pink floyd, led zep, and some metal. I value versatility alot :] I don't really need alot of volume, I mostly play with my brother (another guitar) and alone at home. 500€ = 693.749 USD. But the US prices are a bit lower (on music material).
Well, after some reading and such, I'm more for an amp with nice clean sound that I can add a pod too and use amp models and effects. Any more suggestions on these in price range?
i still say save up for the jazz chorus, sorry but i played one of those things and the cleans put my brain on the wall
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE