Page 1 of 2
Hi hi,
i'm settling on these guitars, but im unsure of which one to pick. I recently tried out the DX, and to me its good for its price. But i havent tried the Art. Im not going over the price of the Art100, so what does everyone think.
I play some metal and rock, and the DX does sound good for that. But the tremelo probably wont be used to crazy because its not the best. Yes i've tried it just remember. I want another one so i can have different tunings in 2 guitars.

So has anyone tried out the art?? Im not spending alot on the guitar because i want to either put some new pickups in them after a while, or get a bigger amp.
Please dont suggest me other brands of guitars, yes im stubborn, but i want to be a loyal ibanez user.
i have the grg170dx, its not that bad actually. for a cheapie its pretty nice. the downfalls are that its hard to reach the higher frets on the low e and such. although, whatdoya expect. over all i give it 8/10

tone leaves much to be desired. havnt tried ART sorry
tryin looking at some agiles on rondomusic.com

i have an al-3000, sounds pretty sweet. priced a little over the art100
Last edited by Twelf_Fret at Dec 21, 2008,
Quote by Twelf_Fret
tryin looking at some agiles on rondomusic.com

i have an al-3000, sounds pretty sweet. priced a little lower than the art100

no one listens....

he wants an ibanez people!

id say go with grg (again)
If you're wanting something with versatility and the Ibanez name go for a RG321MH. You get the benefits of a humbucker and single coils respectively with a solid mahogany body. The thing screams on distortion and cleans up rather well for more chordal driven work. I think they cost the same amount as a ART100 to boot.
the gio rg170 was my first guitar ever.. and i was very satisfied by it EXCEPT it goes out of tune ...i dunno if it was the tuner for the bridge..once its fixed it pretty awesome for th price and the neck is very comfortable
Can i just remind everyone wat the original post says, i dont want any suggestions of different brands, nor a higher price then the ART. Not being rude, but please read the post before puttin a comment in.
ART seems better for the price, but it's very different (in design) compared to the GRG...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Having owned the GRG... It's a fine guitar for the price. You'll like it. But I think if you search around/broaden your brand horizons, you'll find a better one for the money.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
Quote by elprimodejesus
have you considered a Gibson Les Paul?

And also get a frankenstrat replica for $40,000 and put it in a car crusher. You also need to buy the car crusher.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by c0m2011
Having owned the GRG... It's a fine guitar for the price. You'll like it. But I think if you search around/broaden your brand horizons, you'll find a better one for the money.

IBANEZ
Hey new suggestion, ibanez SA220FM. Is it on all S series that the body are thinner? They dont have them near me at the shop so anyone experienced it? Im startin to want a tremolo, and ppl are sayin these bridges are better then the EDGE III. ???

Under $800aus now.
Wish I knew what 800 AUS dollars was in American currency.You can always look into used gear and net yourself a MIJ Ibanez.Now about the SA,is that the one with the true duo pickups and the trem without a locking nut?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

$546.97
True Duo humbucker in bridge, AH1 in neck. Medium frets,
Its a SAT PRO brdige, which is better then the GRG's FAT10, lol good names.
Hmmm,I'd go for a used S series instead of the SA series if I were you,since you play metal and heavier stuff the S series would be the better choice,but they're both nice guitars.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

OK ill have a look at some S's now, but the only thing is i cant try them out cause they arent anywhere near me.
Quote by eyebanez333
I love my ART100...very versatile guitar

Well tell us what its like, soundwise, feel etc
Damn.....You can always order it from some place that has a return policy if you cant test it out.

Quote by ShallowEndings
S320 looks good for $860

Yeah and that trem shames the edge III big time.Throw some dimarzios in that thing and you'd have a beast of a guitar.

Yeh im not sure, because if i got the ART, then i could have pickups and the guitar for that same price as the S, but im not sure.
a) if id like how thin the body is compared to my RG
b) if my parents would let me buy another guitar for that price so soon from gettin my RG, but this probably wont be for atleast 2-3 months.
c) If its worth buyin a case and the S, and i get sick of it, because my instinct is tellin me that ill like the ART with better pickups more.
Help me out Pr0g. Or anyone else reading.

But what is cool is cause my grandparents were offerin to pay for some of the RG, and i bought it all by my own money i get 300 bucks for christmas, so theres the pickups.
Hmmm I personally think the S body is one of the most comfortable body designs I've ever played,that and the body on my 540R and the Satch siggy.The S and ART are designed for two different things,the S is for speed and what not and the ART looks like it's more a riffing guitar than shred machine.You also have to look at what amp you use,better pickups wont do much good if your amp is bad,instead of getting another guitar you might wanna upgrade your amp instead.

Alrighty let me ask you this. An amp with a heap of gain (SS), wat will say a pickup like 81's or blackouts do to the tone? I wont be buyin a tube amp BTW despite how good they are.
They would give an increased output at the cost of organic tone,well,that's what all active pickups I've ever used have done and I've tried a lot,that's why I use high output passives because I likes me some organic warm tone.It depends on what specific amp you're talking about but that's just the general rule with actives and passives.They say the blackouts are more "alive" and have a warmer more rounder tone than other actives but I have yet to try them so I have no first hand info on that.

Ok ok cool. Sugest me a decent amp, that will last and sound good. If i dont answer back im asleep, Its 12:18am lol
A solid state with a budget of 550 US dollars? I'll hunt around the interwebs and see what I can find.

My honest suggestion would be an Ibanez TBX150R combo and an MXR m-108 10 band EQ pedal.The Ibanez combo would give you a good tone base to work with then you can use the MXR 10 band to shape your tone to your liking.Both of them are within your budget and from what I've heard the distortion on the bigger TBX amps is pretty heavy to begin with,then you can use the M-108 pedal to boost the signal and add even more gain to it if you want.

EDIT: I just realized you use a TBX practice amp so it'd just be a bigger and better version of the amp you already know with more features,then pair that with the 10 band eq and you'd have a lot of tonal options.Trust me when I say that an EQ pedal is one of the best investments a guitarist can make,you can do so much with a good one like the MXR.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Dec 22, 2008,
I have the GRG and its really pretty decent for a lower end guitar. I've had a couple buzz problems but after i set it up to my liking it plays well, very low action, no more buzz, i threw some 11's on it and now i enjoy playing it finally. It does go out of tune a bit but i found that with the thicker strings this isnt a problem. I dont use the trem at all and added 5 springs in it just to make sure it doesnt move. Its a good guitar for a money once you set it up, needs a little work to get going but once its done its nice
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by ShallowEndings
Hey new suggestion, ibanez SA220FM. Is it on all S series that the body are thinner? They dont have them near me at the shop so anyone experienced it? Im startin to want a tremolo, and ppl are sayin these bridges are better then the EDGE III. ???

Under $800aus now.

I have an IBANEZ SA260FM, And i absolutely love it. And the trem is way better than those edge trems. And personally i like the thin body and the rounded edges.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
I have an IBANEZ SA260FM, And i absolutely love it. And the trem is way better than those edge trems. And personally i like the thin body and the rounded edges.

The S series have ZR trems though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
The S series have ZR trems though.

The SA series has more of a vintage trem, Like what is on a strat.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
The SA series has more of a vintage trem, Like what is on a strat.

I thought you were comparing the SA to the S series...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by Pr0gNut
My honest suggestion would be an Ibanez TBX150R combo and an MXR m-108 10 band EQ pedal.The Ibanez combo would give you a good tone base to work with then you can use the MXR 10 band to shape your tone to your liking.Both of them are within your budget and from what I've heard the distortion on the bigger TBX amps is pretty heavy to begin with,then you can use the M-108 pedal to boost the signal and add even more gain to it if you want.

EDIT: I just realized you use a TBX practice amp so it'd just be a bigger and better version of the amp you already know with more features,then pair that with the 10 band eq and you'd have a lot of tonal options.Trust me when I say that an EQ pedal is one of the best investments a guitarist can make,you can do so much with a good one like the MXR.

Yeh i was thinkin that combo cause i no how i like the settings on it.

Quote by JWD32792
I have the GRG and its really pretty decent for a lower end guitar. I've had a couple buzz problems but after i set it up to my liking it plays well, very low action, no more buzz, i threw some 11's on it and now i enjoy playing it finally. It does go out of tune a bit but i found that with the thicker strings this isnt a problem. I dont use the trem at all and added 5 springs in it just to make sure it doesnt move. Its a good guitar for a money once you set it up, needs a little work to get going but once its done its nice

Yeh im still considering wat to pick ATM. Amp sounds the best though

And again like iv said 3 times now, i only want ibanez stuff, not PRS or anything else.
Quote by ShallowEndings
Yeh i was thinkin that combo cause i no how i like the settings on it.

Yeh im still considering wat to pick ATM. Amp sounds the best though

And again like iv said 3 times now, i only want ibanez stuff, not PRS or anything else.

You already have a decent guitar so getting a lower quality/equal quality guitar while still playing on the same practice amp wont do you nearly as much good as a new amp and a nice EQ pedal like I suggested.That's my opinion anyway haha.

Page 1 of 2