Whats the difference in sound quality between analog effects pedals, digital effects pedals, and tube effects pedals?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
The difference lies more in the fact that they are different pedals, not what they run on.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Analog is a more natural sound, it decays or dies faster, and is a bit muddier than digital.
Usually don't have too many features on these pedals, but the tone is better, so its a fair trade.

Digital have a more digital sound (crazy, I know) but the effects can last alot longer (decay-wise, not necessarily durability-wise), theres usually alot more features, and these can have alot more uses than an analog effect.

And tube, well I've never tried one, but I'm assuming it gives the effect a really warm, natural tone.. at a price.
I would try not to generalize a pedal's quality based on its component type. There are good and bad pedals in each category.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
I would try not to generalize a pedal's quality based on its component type. There are good and bad pedals in each category.

Agreed. Some analog pedals are muddier than digital. Some arnt. It all depends on the pedal.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Thanks for the info everyone
Its just that whenever i hear "digital" i always think "crap", mainly cuz of the bad rep Spider III amps have round here. And now i know better
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag