ok im getting into home recording, but my computer had this problem where if you plug into the microphone jack and play a certain way (really heavy and fast for me) it would kill the sound and you would get a phaser noise with reduced sound. now i remedyed (<spell check) the problem with this guy at schools mixer. it was an alesis type mixer with 8 track recording. now today i got a behringer 802 live mixer. now the alesis had a usb interface but i didnt use that i pluged into my microphone jack through its out loop (not sure what it was exactly) and i was wondering if the behringer will produce the same results. its a christmas gift and i dont want to open it earlier to check it as it is my parents money put into it
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
I'm unsure on how the Alesis mixer helped seeing as you didn't use its USB capabilities. I wouldn't bother with the mixer, there's no reason why it should fix your problem. A USB or Firewire interface will do, though. Why not just get one of those ?
There is poetry in despair.
i believe the firewire is the resone why it worked actually because it was a firewire enabled alesis now that ive taken a closer look at the one online. and to be quite honest i dont know how it helped either but it just did i was able to trem pick with out it cutting down to half volume so i ran with it. unfortuantally i dont think i can afford anything with firewire capabilities ill have to check
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
No need for Firewire, there's plenty of good USB units. What's your maximum budget ?
There is poetry in despair.
kind of low, the device didnt work i tried it, my moms returning it, but it was 60 and she said that was it for christmas so id say particurally low
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724