Page 1 of 2
In Singapore if you're caught with marijuana you get the death penalty. 500 grams or more, and it doens't matter if you're a first time offender

http://www.thestraighttoke.com/singapores-marijuana-death-penalties-2007-06.420
Singapore has some of the world's toughest and most thoroughly enforced drug laws, with a mandatory death sentence for trafficking more than 15 grams (0.53 ounces) of heroin or 500 grams (17.64 ounces) of marijuana.

The Southeast Asian city-state executed two African men, one Nigerian and the other stateless, on heroin trafficking charges in January despite clemency pleas by Nigeria's president, the United Nations and human rights groups.

They're killing innocent people for a drug that has no recorded fatally. Meanwhile many of the govn't officals drink alcohol, which could lead to death. Those ****ing hypocrites
Last edited by lpmarshall at Dec 21, 2008,
same with almost everywhere in asia and the middle east...
Call me Jack
Well UG better not go to Singapore then...
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
i find that extremely hard to believe and will scoff at your audacity until you provide a credible source.
Die happy.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Appalling.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
They fine you a ****load of money too for things like chewing gum or picking flowers. No wonder that country's so amazingly organized.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Wow, I guess pot can actually get you killed.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
xD i'm from singapore, the laws here are pretty f*cked.

@imdeth,
I think you would get charged for sexual assault, and jailed.
+ caning?
I think :P:
Quote by vintage x metal
Die happy.

At first glance I thought you said "die hippy" lol.
We're only strays.
Dont worry,Die Happy
Woo hoo hoo hoo hooo.....

thts crazy
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by metaldud536
No Wai

Yeah, No Wai was the first man in Singapore to be punished for this
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by imdeth
Source?

What do you get for rape in Singapore?

A pat on the back
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
I mean your already condemned to an eternity of suffering in hell for it anyways so thats really not that bad.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by srvkicks@$$
That is why i love America

Because they go to war with another country over invisible "weapons of mass destruction" yet let innocent people get stoned to death because there's no profit in it for them?

... "Stoned to death"?... Huh, huh? ... Too soon?

Quote by cubedeathk
I mean your already condemned to an eternity of suffering in hell for it anyways so thats really not that bad.

I know! With each toke I feel myself closer to our lord Satan. It's quite a religious experience.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Wasn't there a thread a few days ago asking how safe your country was? The TS was from Singapore and said it was ridiculously safe and crime free. Of course it is, they'll kill you for the slightest offense!
Quote by Guitar Skater
i support this law, it should apply to the US

Amen, brother! Hopefully soon they'll have a law where anyone listening to music played in any other tuning than standard, or with a guitar that is in some way amplified, is crucified. If you ask me this should have been Singapore's first act.

GOD HATES ROCK MUSIC!*

*and gays, anyone that isn't of the arbitrary religion that the particular law enforcer believes in and blacks.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Joshua_Krunch
xD i'm from singapore, the laws here are pretty f*cked.

@imdeth,
I think you would get charged for sexual assault, and jailed.
+ caning?
I think :P:

So do not many people smoke weed where you are? I mean most people in North London first smoke weed when they're about 11 or 12. I guess they wouldn't if they knew they could be killed.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Quote by Yakult
Yeah, No Wai was the first man in Singapore to be punished for this

Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Who in the world has over 500 grams on them at a time?

Unbieliveably harsh yes, but its not like everyone found with tree gets killed.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

I love Singapore.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I don't like the idea of smoking that stuff but death seems kinda ridiculous if you ask me. Though I love that they're so strict on litter and stuff
If youread the article you dont get killed just for having marijuana, its holding like 17 ounces, which is a little over a pound. Here in the states you'd get some pretty good jail time for having that amount.

Not saying I agree with the article, its ****ed up any way you look at it.
Page 1 of 2