so ive got an Agile les paul.

and im setting it up since i havent in a while.
and i just noticed, that the neck isnt completely perfect. its not bent, or warped. but its at a very very slight angle to the body. tilted slightly backwards. the neck is completely straight. just angled a little away from the body.

is this normal, or is my guitar ****ed up?
do you mean the neck is angling towards the front or the back of the body?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Ah, I understand.

So, first off. Is the intonation on your guitar good? To test this, play the harmonic on the twelth fret of any string, and then play the note fretted normally and see if the pitches match. If so, thats good.

Second, do you have any fret buzz? If not, that is also good.

If both of these are true, then your guitar is perfect as is.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
normal for a lp
i think it helps with the tuning and the sustain
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
To be able to acheive good action with a tune-o-matic bridge, a slight neck angle(typically between 1.5 and 3 degrees) is necessary. So what you're seeing is completely normal, and in fact, is the best way for it to be.
well. both intonation and the action are a bit off, which is why i decided to set it up again, since i havent it about six months.

so i thought the bad intonation and the action would be because of the lack of attention ive given it.

EDIT: nevermind, thanks guys
Normal. I think it's to compensate for the string height.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
it seems that many set neck guitars have this angle, but bolts on not so much.
my epi SG is like that, but my strat knock off is not. my $80 rhoads V knock off on the other hand, is angle towards the front of the body...i need to fix that XD