I'm pretty new, so go easy on me, but what are some good techniques to practice to speed up the faster run in this solo (12-15-12-10), as well as others similar to this?
Support Obama? Want to be part of history? Want to support your president? Check us out! Spread the word!

Hope In Many Forms
Yeah what Dirty_Civilian said. Just play in an endless loop starting at slower tempos if you can't play it at full speed, and just keep playing until you can play it perfectly.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Alright, I figured practice would be the main issue, but I was just curious if any technique would improve my speed/sound, but thanks anyway.
Support Obama? Want to be part of history? Want to support your president? Check us out! Spread the word!

Hope In Many Forms
alternate picking, but I would assume you're doing that already. But yeah just play it slow till you can nail it, then get faster and faster and clean up and sloppyness
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Uh, I like to play it

12-15-12---

If that makes sense to you. You can try a pulloff on the E string part and pick the B string. If it's the same run I'm thinking of just repeat it down the frets.

Anyway, lots of rock solos are like this... coming from the blues scale and pentatonics. You should get used to it, of course if this is what I think it is.
Quote by Superstrat101
Uh, I like to play it

12-15-12---

If that makes sense to you. You can try a pulloff on the E string part and pick the B string. If it's the same run I'm thinking of just repeat it down the frets.

Anyway, lots of rock solos are like this... coming from the blues scale and pentatonics. You should get used to it, of course if this is what I think it is.

+100
listen to superstrat

he knows his shit
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Barre the stuff that goes like 12-15 -12-15 on different strings. If you have powertab or something, just loop it and go like 10 bpm up every 10 repeats or something. It helped me with it