I saw someone's ad who is selling a 1986 Gibson '61 SG Reissue for about $1200 dollars. But weren't the Sg 61' reissues started in the 90's? Do you think he/she's selling a SG-62?
here's a pic of it
I once received a bra... with "I Love John" embroidered on it. It thought it was pretty original. I didn't keep it, mind you - it didn't fit. - John Lennon

Music is my religion. - Jimi Hendrix
Whatever the year 61 or 61 that is aa beautiful guitar for a great price. You should buy it.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
yea but I can get a standard for about a 1000, and it is a lot of money, and want to make sure i get what i'm paying for
I once received a bra... with "I Love John" embroidered on it. It thought it was pretty original. I didn't keep it, mind you - it didn't fit. - John Lennon

Looks exactly like the reissue my friend that recently graduated has. Looks legit to me.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by TehMasterSword
Looks exactly like the reissue my friend that recently graduated has. Looks legit to me.

yea thats what i thought also, but i could of sworn 61' reissues began in the 90's.

I just checked wiki.gibson.com

They started that year. Buy that sucker!
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by TehMasterSword
I just checked wiki.gibson.com

They started that year. Buy that sucker!

it says
"there was another SG reissue which paved the way for the current models dubbed the SG-62. This model, introduced in 1986.......In 1991 the SG-62 was discontinued but immediately replaced by the SG '61 Reissue. Cosmetically the guitar had been improved slightly but still only vaguely represented the original model."

????