Ok, so my Hughes and Kettner Trilogy head isnt working. When i turn it on, all the lights go on however, the tubes remain off. Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with the tubes blowing because i leave it inside and never have the power on after i have finished playing. It originally started to make whis strange sound on the clean channel, kind of like a windy sound and from there it just stopped working. All help is appriacted guys.
- Josh
(Blue)He is probably right.
The tubes are probably shot.
My Guitars:
Epiphone Prophecy LP GX
(Scenic Painted) American Project Strat
LTD M-10

My Amps:
Peavey XXL
Peavey 5150
Marshall 1960a 410

SELLING 360 $200USD obo
well it was a new amp, about 2 months old or so. But then again, it could have been a floor model for a while
Quote by JAZZ_MAN919
well it was a new amp, about 2 months old or so. But then again, it could have been a floor model for a while

Hmmm, Yes That could be,or maybe it just had some crap tubes XD.
Helpful Video:
http://www.expertvillage.com/video/68246_tube-amplifiers-choose-tubes.htm
My Guitars:
Epiphone Prophecy LP GX
(Scenic Painted) American Project Strat
LTD M-10

My Amps:
Peavey XXL
Peavey 5150
Marshall 1960a 410

SELLING 360 $200USD obo
Yeh did you change tubes when you first got it? Normally their only cheap versions of the more pricier ones.
thanks for all the help guys, ill be taking it in to get it checked, hopefully nothing bad
i think you may have blown the anode fuse, take it out and have a look.
i have the same amp, its happened to me before as well, and thats what was wrong with it.
Quote by JAZZ_MAN919

Tubes are so fragile...the risk/reward is probably one of the toughest choices guitarists have to make. I myself stick with valvestates since if you tweak them right you can achieve 95% of that tube tone at a higher volume while overdriving your preamp tubes. I can't count the number of times I've seen bands do shows here in the dead of winter, and toss their amp heads out into a cold cube van right after a show only to hear glass shattering about 20 mins later while talking near the trailers. Not so much fun having to fork out potentially $250-$800 for tubes (depending on how many etc...triple rectifiers are the devil!).

I'd take it back (unless you bought it used), even if tubes aren't under warranty dude, if you got it 2 months ago...a $3,000 amp head SHOULD NOT have worn out that fast...

and also just do the "dummy" check....make sure you used speaker cables, the right ohms (my cats sometimes play with my dials on my amps and mess things up...you never know )
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6