Page 1 of 2
Got bored today and sold my Valveking and Ultra. And went out and picked up a Beast to go with a Beast

That's right folks a 6505+ in stereo with a Ampeg VH-140C

Also picked up a Planet Waves Pedal Tuner and made some custom knobs for the Ampeg.

The 3/4 stack

And yall thought I was against 6505's

wow. very nice bro, how much??

edit: wait a minute... WTF you sold the Ultra!?!?!
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
pro man +1

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

You got rid of the ultra? You make any money on it?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Those dice knobs are SICK! haha
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
dosomeclipsnao.

kthxbye
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Oh wow, this was unexpected.

I demand stereo clips.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Sweet! I still want to get a 5150 head again, but I don't want to pay for it out-of-pocket and I don't want to sell my Ampeg, so I guess I'm SOL
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thanks everyone... I was surprised as well. Figured it was now or never.

As soon as I get the kinks worked out i'll get some clips up. Gotta play around and get me some good settings worked up

And yup I got rid of the Ultra, she was a great amp but didn't go well with the Ampeg. I needed a good mid heavy amp with rich single note definition that comes out and punches you in the face. To match up with the Ampeg's note definition and the lowend is going to blend in quite nice.

As to how I do it, it's all in the research and the art of trading up...
Where'd you find the Ampeg? I've been looking everywhere for one, can't find it anywhere. Ebay doesn't have any, anyone on craigslist within a 100 miles of me don't have any, and all stores I've gone to don't have any.

I want one so bad T_T
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Check STL craigslist, we get ampegs all the time since they were made here.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by V.U.K
Where'd you find the Ampeg? I've been looking everywhere for one, can't find it anywhere. Ebay doesn't have any, anyone on craigslist within a 100 miles of me don't have any, and all stores I've gone to don't have any.

I want one so bad T_T

Think he got his off eBay? Can't remember

I got mine off eBay for a RIDICULOUS price. Best deal ever.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
dont run it in stereo!!! some guys tried that in Chernobyl....and well...you see how that turned out...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by V.U.K

I want one so bad T_T

Picked mine up from musicgoround actually. All the way from Davenport Iowa

Quote by al112987
my god what ridiculous looking knobs!

To each there own man I like it.. And have you ever tried finding 10+ year old ampeg knobs its pretty much impossible and replacements would cost me damn near what the amp cost lol. So this was cheap, easy and matches the color of the amp and my guitar.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Dec 21, 2008,
Quote by al112987
my god what ridiculous looking knobs!

Those aren't rediculous

They're three-diculous

Get it? 'Cause, you know, the dice have.... the.... 3 on them....

*crickets*

--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Nice. I was in Nashville today, and they had a 5150 head at Sam Ash. I wanted to try it, but it wasn't hooked up and it was way up high on a shelf above one of the fullstacks.

If the JCM at the church doesn't work out, I want to get an Ampeg to run in stereo with my VK.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
OP did not deliver!
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by LaidBack
dont run it in stereo!!! some guys tried that in Chernobyl....and well...you see how that turned out...

lmao i wanna sig that so bad
Quote by classicrocker01
Nice. I was in Nashville today, and they had a 5150 head at Sam Ash. I wanted to try it, but it wasn't hooked up and it was way up high on a shelf above one of the fullstacks.

If the JCM at the church doesn't work out, I want to get an Ampeg to run in stereo with my VK.

Actually ran the VK in stereo with it before I sold it and they need mingle. It sounded really distant and they wouldn't blend well. The VK has to flat of a response and doesn't really have the definition needed to keep up with Ampeg. So you just get super defined and a muddy mess in the background and distant. The Ultra was better then the VK but still had its issues.
^ What speakers did you run the VK through? The V-30 in mine really changes the tone.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by stratman_13
Those aren't rediculous

They're three-diculous

Get it? 'Cause, you know, the dice have.... the.... 3 on them....

*crickets*

no. no... they don't.

^Oh, those seem to have more of a sterile, mid-scooped sound to me. Perhaps my VK will mix well with the JCM or an Ampeg. Even if it doesn't, I'll still have a new amp.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by classicrocker01
^Oh, those seem to have more of a sterile, mid-scooped sound to me. Perhaps my VK will mix well with the JCM or an Ampeg. Even if it doesn't, I'll still have a new amp.

Its worth a shot man
Ya, I guess it is.

I know you work on gear quite a bit, how hard is it to do a cap job on an amp? It sounds like that might be what this old Marshall (the one my friend found in his church, I made a trhead on it) needs.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quick update......

Finally got a few things connected up before I crash out and was absolutely blown way. These two paired up just makes me drool. They blend perfectly for a super tight huge wall of pure metal sex. I have to bow down to this beast the Anti Christ has risen.
Quote by classicrocker01
Ya, I guess it is.

I know you work on gear quite a bit, how hard is it to do a cap job on an amp? It sounds like that might be what this old Marshall (the one my friend found in his church, I made a trhead on it) needs.

It really depends on the amp and how its held together. If you can get the board out then its relatively easy. Only Issue I have ran into is when pcb boards are riveted to the amps frame or you have to literally disassemble everything just to get the board out. It's always a big pain in the ass and time consuming....

And make sure you discharge the caps before you work on the amp or you might be pushing up daisy's.
Quote by kckyle
lmao i wanna sig that so bad

go for it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by IbanezPsycho
It really depends on the amp and how its held together. If you can get the board out then its relatively easy. Only Issue I have ran into is when pcb boards are riveted to the amps frame or you have to literally disassemble everything just to get the board out. It's always a big pain in the ass and time consuming....

And make sure you discharge the caps before you work on the amp or you might be pushing up daisy's.

Cool, thanks. It's an old JCM, btw. I might just take the damn thing to a tech, but it might just need tubes. I'll just have to look it over, I'm just preparing myself for what could be coming. Okay, I'll let you get some sleep now and quit spamming your thread.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by classicrocker01
Cool, thanks. It's an old JCM, btw. I might just take the damn thing to a tech, but it might just need tubes. I'll just have to look it over, I'm just preparing myself for what could be coming. Okay, I'll let you get some sleep now and quit spamming your thread.

Yup, you should atleast take it in for a diagnostics then decide from there.
VERY nice, will you make some clips?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard