Well I've heard about how the 18 volt mod for emgs supposedly gives increased headroom and a more "organic" sound, etc. But every description and diagram i've seen on how to do it doesn't cover guitars (like my hellraiser) with a separate battery cavity from the control cavity. I was wondering if anyone knew how to perform this mod on such a guitar.

Thanks.
Why would it make a difference where you put your battery?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by chuckflan333
Why would it make a difference where you put your battery?

Well all the diagrams I've seen are for guitars that have the battery clip in the control cavity. But my guitar has a seperate battery compartment.

See the battery cavity? Mines like that.

I'm explaining this the best I can, but I'm a total n00b at this wiring stuff.
From whatever diagram you have, it will be exactly the same with a different cavity. Just run the wires from the batteries through the hole into the control cavity. No difference at all.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Check the 18v mod thread. search bar, friend.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
You do it exactly the same as any other 18V mod, its just that the lead between the two batteries is a little bit longer and you put the other battery in the electronics cavity.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I have this EXACT issue. Well sorta....I know how to do the wiring, but my Hellraiser just doesn't have room for even one battery. Is there a post or thread that covers that particular issue?
Quote by senanimach9
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I have this EXACT issue. Well sorta....I know how to do the wiring, but my Hellraiser just doesn't have room for even one battery. Is there a post or thread that covers that particular issue?

You have a battery cavity right?

Have one in there and then have the other in the control cavity. Just squish it in there, it's a tight fit, and just put the plate on and screw it down.
open guitar cavity, find the ground wire for the battery(havent looked into my hellraiser, but battery ground wires in guitars are commonly black). cut it. solder the red wire from your new battery onto the other batteries ground. solder the black wire from your new battery onto the other snipped wire. make some room in the cavity for your new battery.

the one time I looked into the cavity of my hellraiser, I saw it was a complete mess. instead of being neatly cut and organized, it had a huge bundle of long wire tied together. I understand why thered be little space. you could clean it up and find that the battery can fit.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1