what are some books to check out for music thoery??? b/c i want to learn what key to use when playing certain chords and i want to learn what scales to use??

i want to play the blues...

EDIT GRAMMAR
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Last edited by eahilder at Dec 22, 2008,
The Art of Playing Rock Guitar By: Richard Daniels is a great book. a great, great, great book. However, my copy is very old and i do not know if they are still printing copies.

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
not to be mean but there are tons of threads on this, and there are even more music theory books... a lot of which are good. it really depends on how you absorb the information personally, id recommend just looking around until you find one that gives the information in such a way that you can easily (at least relatively) understand.
"Complete idiots guide to music theory"

Than

Mark Levines Jazz theory book

What you mentioned (about changing scales) is called playing the changes. It's complex, interesting and very few non-jazz/blues musicians do it.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
You recommend Mark Levine's book as a second book for someone that's completely clueless? Ehhh. I disagree.

TS, start with his first book and stick with it for a good while. Check out the crusade articles, the links in Freepower's sig and www.musictheory.net.

Leave the jazz theory for later.
These:

...are made for a reason. Please re-type your post coherently. I don't understand a lick of, "b/c i want to learn what key and all that stuff is... and like if you play the chords g g d d c c as rytm what key you do?? like all g key or once it changes chords you change keys??", but I want to help out.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by captain howdy 1
perhaps a grammar book should be your first priority

lol yea srry about that

Quote by Prophet of Page
Theory for the contemporary guitarist. GREAT BOOK!!!! and pretty much the other stuff that was suggested.