Need to buy one as my amp does not have a headphone jack. They come in 3 different forms though and i have no idea which one to choose. Metal, Classical Rock, and AC-30
the amp Im using is a fender Frontman 212R *braces himself for flame* , so i was thinking maybe the metal one to make up for the somewhat iffy distortion. But would that just be like polishing a turd?
lol wut?
The amplugs are used to go from Guitar>amplug>headphones.
You cant use one the way your suggesting, im pretty sure theres no way to run the effect into your amp.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
LOL, my bad, I have no idea how they work, all i know is i need something that will let me play my guitar though headphones , any ideas?
if you got a pod of some sort and ran it into your computer through usb you could just pluh headphones into your speakers if im not mistaken. Or maybe you can find a pod with a headphone out on it.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
Ah, yeah that was me. The amplug is a separate thing that plugs into your guitar and then you plug headphones into that. I figured you could use it for the times when you couldn't use your amp's speakers. You're not getting headphones into that Fender, sorry to tell you.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Ah, yeah that was me. The amplug is a separate thing that plugs into your guitar and then you plug headphones into that. I figured you could use it for the times when you couldn't use your amp's speakers. You're not getting headphones into that Fender, sorry to tell you.

yep, no way your gettin a headphone in that baby.
Ona side note i asked for some amplugs for christmas so i can play on the move or late at night

Quote by KeepOnRotting
lol i just keep getting owned. ah well better to find out now than buy them and fry myself/amp trying to plug it into the amp . ah well we tried, i will still pick up an amplug because they look like what i need. So you can't run it though the speaker in your amp?, meh ill just rip up on the amp when my father ain't home.

Thanks for the advice (extra thanks to sid who has stuck with me though all my garbage)
I use my AC30 amplug through my amp. You just need to find a converter cable thing. Like the guitar cable jack size into size of normal headphone jack. It's really simple and is a good preamp.