Hello, everybody I am new on the site. But, I'm very glad I found it because it has some great information on here. I am finally getting a new electric guitar. I have an old Squire Affinity Strat but it has been broken for a long time. Pickups are broken and the electronics need to be re soldered. I don't think it will be worth it to repair it since Squire guitars are not that great. So I need help finding a new electric guitar. My price rage is $300-400 max. The two guitars I have been looking at are the:

Ibanez RG2EX1 (Black, I like the white one but can't find it SOLD OUT everywhere.)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG2EX1-Electric-Guitar-103382115-i1167867.gc

OR

Fender Standard Stratocaster (Arctic White, Maple Fretboard)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-516037-i1148838.gc

I know there is a $100 price difference between those. I know both the Ibanez and Fender companies are great companies. But what do you guys think is the Fender Stratocaster worth the extra $100 or is the Ibanez great and I can use the extra $100 to get some extras/accessories. If you have any suggestions on guitars in my price range please let me know. Thank you.
What sort of music do you play?
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
play em both, but in my opinion i love my ibanez rg series (mind its a 400 rahter tan 2) and when i had the standard pickups in there it was still solid, and the ibanez is just hot
~Defiant~
I really like how the RG looks. The pickups look great. But I've loved the White Stratocaster ever since I've seen Jimi Hendrix play on his White Strat.
Strat's probably right for you then. You should go into a guitar store and try it out though, as well as others in your price range.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
if you like hendrix, obviously strat, for the neck single coil sound. if you want more versatility, maybe some harder rock then i'd get the HSS...that's ultimate versatility.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
well if you want a whammy, then it will be. if you don't need it, then it' won't be. dont let it change your entire decision.
Quote by Mister.Y

If you like alternative get the strat The Edge plays a strat (in addition to an explorer)
And if you like Hendrix get the strat

If you get a fender it makes it look like you've been playing a while cuz EVERYBODY knows what a fender is
^ what the ****? a fender doesn't equal looking like you've been playign a while. playing good makes you look like you've been playing a while. everybody knowing what it is doesn't mean **** all either. honestly OP, just play them both through an amp you like...and see what will suit you better.
Quote by Mister.Y

Quote by R.I.P.Jimi
^ what the ****? a fender doesn't equal looking like you've been playign a while. playing good makes you look like you've been playing a while. everybody knowing what it is doesn't mean **** all either. honestly OP, just play them both through an amp you like...and see what will suit you better.

Srry my friends that know nothing about guitar keep on messing with my account although i agree with the hendrix and edge part but if u think u might get into metal more go for the ibanez