Hey everyone. Im just starting to play with some backing tracks but im not sure what to look for... I like to play A minor Pentatonic, is there anything or any website you would suggest?

Also, when playing in A minor pentatonic, is there a certain sound that I should be listening for when selecting a backtrack? Like, a lot of backing tracks list the notes in the backtrack, such as A, E, and F. Would A minor pentatonic sound good with it because the A is the first note, or does that have anything to do with it?

Peavey 6505+
Les Paul Custom Silverburst

Tool 5/5/06
Tool 11/24/07
Tool 12/8/07
RHCP 4/28/07
RAtM 4/29/07
Black Label Society 3/7/09
Black Label Society 5/4/09
Metallica 12/7/09
Alice in Chains 2/8/10
Lamb of God 7/14/10
Epiphone LP....Marshall....Crybaby...

A minor pentatonic?

Lol w/e floats your boat, with that setup I'd say just learn the blues minor like the back of your hand and play it over almost anything.
Yea, i know the blues pentatonic but i dont play it too much... i dunno why tho, i should.

i dont really use the wah for my improv too much. its mostly for the songs that i play along with...

Peavey 6505+

Tool 5/5/06
Tool 11/24/07
Tool 12/8/07
RHCP 4/28/07
RAtM 4/29/07
Metallica 12/7/09
Alice in Chains 2/8/10
Lamb of God 7/14/10
Quote by x_live4guitar_x
Epiphone LP....Marshall....Crybaby...

A minor pentatonic?

Lol w/e floats your boat, with that setup I'd say just learn the blues minor like the back of your hand and play it over almost anything.
Because the pentatonic minor scale is SOOO much different to the scale that people have called "the blues minor scale." You serious?

To T/S
If a song is in the key of A minor, use the A minor pentatonic. At first you should only be solo'ing in mostly diatonic progressions (non-diatonic progressions require you to change the scale you are using). Amaj, Emaj and Fmaj is not a diatonic progression.

I'd suggest you find a backing track with these chords: A7, D7, E7
Aminor would go perfectly over that.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by demonofthenight
Because the pentatonic minor scale is SOOO much different to the scale that people have called "the blues minor scale." You serious?

To T/S
If a song is in the key of A minor, use the A minor pentatonic. At first you should only be solo'ing in mostly diatonic progressions (non-diatonic progressions require you to change the scale you are using). Amaj, Emaj and Fmaj is not a diatonic progression.

I'd suggest you find a backing track with these chords: A7, D7, E7
Aminor would go perfectly over that.

Do you know a good place where i can find a backing track?

Peavey 6505+

Tool 5/5/06
Tool 11/24/07
Tool 12/8/07
RHCP 4/28/07
RAtM 4/29/07
Metallica 12/7/09
Alice in Chains 2/8/10
Lamb of God 7/14/10