Page 1 of 3
Simple.

Whoever is currently coming through your speakers, post their rig!

Brad Paisley. (for those that have not already done so, I suggest that you acquire his latest album "Play" for some sweet twangy shred.)
I can't seem to find any pictures of his Marshall Superbass. Adam Jones
Last edited by Muramasa at Dec 28, 2008,
Pekka Kokko of Kalmah:

Amfisound Custom Pro Atrain

Peavey 6505 + head

Peavey 6505 (R) straight cabinet

Antti Kokko -

Amfisound Custom Routa Atrain

Krank Revolution head

Krank Revolution 4x12 cabinet
Last edited by solitaryshell90 at Dec 22, 2008,
John Frusciante!

Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard

Tom scholz!
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
As I Lay Dying

Phil Sgrosso’s setup from his guitar to his amp goes like this:

* 2005 Black Cherry Gibson Les Paul Standard
* EMG 85 Active Pickups (both neck and bridge)
* Sennheiser EW 172 G2 Wireless Receiver
* Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
* Maxon OD808 Overdrive
* Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
* Krank Revolution One Series 100-Watt Head
* 2 Mesa/Boogie Recto-Standard Straight-Front 4×12 cabinets with Celestion Vintage 30s

Phil Sgrosso also has 1 backup Krank head and 2 cabs which he doesn’t use.

Guitar Strings and Tuning

On both of his guitars Sgrosso uses 11-15-20-34-44-56 gauge strings. The guitars are tuned down one whole step with an extra drop-D (from low to high: C G C F A D).

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by forsaknazrael
Old. He's been using Vox AC30's for quite sometime, live. Only, instead of Vox, they say "XOXO".

Who said I'm listening to new Brand New?
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Quote by punkman_123

TOUCHE

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by punkman_123

He's been performing with Vox AC30's for QUITE some time now. It's not just new Brand New. Hasn't used a Deville in forever. And most of the cleans on Deja and YFW were done with AC30's, anyway.

There's no need to get snippy about it. Just making a note.

EDIT: misread the post at first. fixed.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Dec 22, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael
He's been performing with Vox AC30's for QUITE some time now. It's not just new Brand New. Hasn't used a Deville in forever. And most of the cleans on Deja and YFW were done with AC30's, anyway.

There's no need to get snippy about it. Just making a note.

EDIT: misread the post at first. fixed.

Well the rig I posted was the rig he told to GuitarGeek, and since I like ALL Brand New, that rig applies.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Guitars:
Fredrik Thordendal uses a selection of custom 8-String and 7-String guitars made by Nevborn and Ibanez (although he has been seen using a range of different guitars). Thordendal's current main guitars are Ibanez Custom RG 8-Strings which feature alder (one features a flame-maple top with a transparent grey finish) bodies with 3-piece maple bolt-on/neck-thru necks (30" {750mm}), rosewood fingerboards (no inlays), Ibanez-licensed fixed locking bridges (a piezo bridge system is incorporated into one of his 8-stringed Ibanez's), one volume knob, and one Lundgren Model 8 pickup. Fredrik is also one of the few that endorse Lundgren Pickups using either the Model 7 or the Model 8 pickups accordingly. Asides from the fact that his guitars utilize 7 or 8 strings, the scale lengths of the neck of his Ibanez Custom 8-String guitars also baritone using a scale length of 30" (750mm) whilst a few of his 7 strings have 27" (675mm) scale necks and one of his Nevborn Custom 8-Stringed guitars has a 29" (725mm) scale. Thordendal also has one Ibanez Iceman 8-string and an Ibanez 7-string acoustic.

* Amplifiers and Effects used Live:
o Line 6 Vetta II Head Units
o Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra (obZen tour)
o 33 MIDI Breath Controller (built by Johan Haake)
o Clavia Nord G2 Engine
o Digitech Delay Pedal
o 2 Unknown Pedals (probably MIDI controllers that control parameters of the Vetta Head Units)
o T.C. Electronics Pre-Amp

* Other Amplifiers and Effects used:
o Marshall Valvestate 8200
o Mesa/Boogie .50 Caliber+
o Mesa Engineering Dual-Rectifier
o Marshall JCM800
o Marshall 1960A cab
o Line 6 POD Pro
o Rocktron Juice Extractor
o T.C. Electronics Chorus & Flanger
o Homemade "Les Amp" Head Unit
o Homemade 1x12" Cabinet
o Yamaha Breath Controller
o Volume Unit (Yamaha BC controls amount of volume that the unit will allow through)
o ADA Rackmount Delay
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Karl Sanders - Nile

Guitars

* Dean V Nile Custom
* Dean 79 V
* Jackson Custom shop V
* KxK Spear V
* KxK Double-Neck V
* Fender Strat with Jackson Neck

[edit] Pickups

* Seymour Duncan Invader

[edit] Strings

* SIT .070 .050 .038 .017 .012 .010

[edit] Picks

* Dunlop Jazz Stubby 3.0

[edit] Amps

* Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 heads
* Marshall 1960 a/b cabs with 70 watt celestions

[edit] Other Equipment

* Roland G-P8
* Roland GR-1 Guitar synth
* Studio Logic Midi Pedals
* Customized P-4 2.4
* Sonar and reality software
* Layla Soundcard
* Motu interface
* Monster cable

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by punkman_123
Well the rig I posted was the rig he told to GuitarGeek, and since I like ALL Brand New, that rig applies.

All I'm saying is that guitargeek's isn't necessarily the most accurate. I've seen them using AC30's since the Deja Entendu album.

And no one tells anything to guitargeek. People put it in.
The Arusha Accord...

Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.
one of the greatest sounding rigs of today from one of the greatest guitarists of today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfvqBrpKWIc&feature=related
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Paul Gilbert

PGM301

Ibanez Fireman

GH100L

VC50

Marshall VM

Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
I think the guitarist from focus (Can't remember his name) uses a gibson les paul into a cranked marshall JTM45 with a volume pedal... that's it AFAIK.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
God Forbid...

Not really too sure about their rigs.

I know Dallas and Doc both use ESP guitars (Mainly Dave Mustaine V's). I'm assuming they go the route of pretty much every other metalcore band and use something along the lines of a 5150/6505 and a tube screamer of some sort.

Like I said though, I'm really not up on their rigs.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
God Forbid...

Not really too sure about their rigs.

I know Dallas and Doc both use ESP guitars (Mainly Dave Mustaine V's). I'm assuming they go the route of pretty much every other metalcore band and use something along the lines of a 5150/6505 and a tube screamer of some sort.

Like I said though, I'm really not up on their rigs.

This is old I think but I found this:

Doc, there’s no doubt you are an amazing guitarist! What equipment did you use on the album?

Thank you very much. We used a Peavey 5150 II for the main Rhythm tracks with a Maxon overdrive and an ESP Dave Mustaine model Flying V. We also re-amped the guitars during mixdown with a Line 6 to get a bit more clarity which worked very well.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Dave Murray:

Adrian Smith:

And I can't find Janick Gers rig
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
Well, I've been listening to the new KsE album the past week, so here's the stuff used on the new album.

- Caparison & Parker Guitars
- Mesa Triple Rectifier
- Marshall Vintage Modern
- Peavey 5150
- Fuchs Viper
- EarCandy Buzzbomb cabs
Attachments:
KSE_studio_28_lr.jpg
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Jul 13, 2009,
Dean Deleo of Stone Temple Pilots:

Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15

MBV. of course
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Meshuggah:

Axe FX (I'm not sure if they used them on obZen, but they are for the tour):

Ibanez custom 8-strings

Oz Noy

Quote by Guitar Player

If Oz Noy’s weathered ’89 Fender Stratocaster is his paintbrush, then the large matrix of stompboxes at his feet is his palette. Each pedal generates a unique timbre that Noy can mix, match, and mutate to color riffs, solos, themes, loops, and chord progressions.
Currently, the first pedal in his chain is an Xotic RoboTalk (far right). Next comes a pedalboard governed by a seven-button True Bypass strip built by Tom Peck of Pedal-Racks (A.K.A. Pedalboards.com). “That strip allows me to take up to seven pedals out of my signal path when they’re not in use,” says Noy. “I’m a freak about that maintaining a pure signal. If I’m going through even just one pedal that’s not true-bypass, I can hear the loss of signal.”
Clockwise from top left, this pedalboard features a Dunlop TS-1 Tremolo Stereo Pan, a Foxx Tone Machine octave-fuzz, an A/B box built by New York amp tech Ziv Nagari that switches Noy’s signal to an off-board Boss TU-2 tuner pedal (top), a Blackstone Appliances Mosfet Overdrive, a Boss DS-1 Distortion (modified by Robert Keeley), an Ibanez TS-808 Tube Screamer, a Fulltone Octafuzz (“By turning my guitar volume partway down, this pedal gets that cool lo-fi drained-battery sound I use on ‘I Can’t Make You Love Me’ and other songs&rdquo, and a Pro Co Rat distortion. Mounted on the other
pedalboard are a Hughes & Kettner Rotosphere and a pair of Line 6 DL4 delay modelers with corresponding off-board Line 6 expression pedals (far left). The boards are wired with George L’s cables and powered by Voodoo Lab Pedal Power II Plus (left) and Pedal Power AC (right) power supplies.
“My main amp right now is my blackface ’67 Fender Bandmaster, which Ziv re-built, re-voiced, and modded by adding a tube rectifier,” says Noy. “My pedals are set up for stereo, but I’ve been playing in mono lately because I’m too lazy to cart two amps around Manhattan. When I need to go stereo I also bring out a ’65 bandmaster with the same Ziv mods. When I do studio work for other artists, I bring one Bandmaster, a ’73 50-watt Marshall—which Ziv restored and modded to have sweeter mids and highs than typical Marshalls of that era—and a Line 6 Pod, which often saves the day. My Strat is pretty ordinary, really, except that I installed DiMarzio Virtual Vintage pickups and extra-fat frets. As far as the finish goes, there’s nothing on that body but some tung oil that I put on years ago after stripping the original paint and finish off the guitar, which I did because I was concerned it was so thick that it might be dulling the tone. I use D’Addario strings gauged .011-.048.”

EDIT: Here's that rig in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUf8TGiIwiU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbO-5-dpFo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Ui0xb68Xw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR20L2eVmko&feature=related
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by al112987
Whose rig is this?
(Invalid img)

clapton (bluesbreakers)
without the rangemaster

page uses this pedalboard nowadays:

Quote by al112987
Whose rig is this?

(Invalid img)

Eric Clapton, sort of...

To start with he had no Rangemaster.

Secondly he had a version II combo.

Who am I listening too?

Jeff Beck that is, on the album Truth (where it is said he still had his AC30s. On the tour he'd use Marshalls though).

Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by Gabel at Jul 13, 2009,
Page 1 of 3