Okay guys, so first off, I've been looking into buying some replacement speakers for my Palomino.

So I'm surfing through Craiglist, and I see this: http://richmond.craigslist.org/msg/965921061.html

My Palo's (it's a 2x12) speaker out jack says 8 ohms. Does that mean that both the speakers need to be 8 ohms, or..... what? I don't really know anything about that.

Second, are these speakers any good for classic rock (think Black Crowes, Zeppelin, Creedence, Mountain, Sabbath)?

Thanks guys
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
It means the cab must be wired to 8 ohms.

So no. Speakers need to be 16 ohms wired in parallel.

I would not suggest Jensons for the tones you are looking for. You'd be better off with British voiced greenback or g12h30 type of speaker.
Ah, okay.

Damn. I though that I'd hit a really good deal

Oh well. I'll just have to keep looking...

Any rules against me bumping this thread if I find another deal?
--

--
Can't tell you if the speakers will work for the sound you want but I can tell you that they will not work for the ohms you need.

Two 8ohm speakers will get you either a 4ohm load if wired in parallel or 16ohms if wired in a series.

You need two 16ohm speakers to reach an 8ohm load.

EDIT: Damn apparently I type too slow, or I type too much.
Okay, okay, wait a minute. Let me turn this thread in a different direction, because this is something I've never understood. So...

If two speakers are wired in parallel, then you take the speaker's ohm rating, and divide it by two.

If it is in series, you add them together?

So, if I had two four ohm speakers, it would be 2 ohms wired in parallel, and 8 ohms wired in series?
--

--
Not quite. In series you just add them up, but if you have Ra, Rb, Rc... in parallel it follows...

1/Rtotal=1/Ra+1/Rb+1/Rc...
OH! Wow, I feel kinda dumb now for never realizing that...

Thanks al! you're possibly one of the biggest helps on here

You too demigawd.

Much to both of you
--

--