Ok so today I went out and bought a peavy Vypyr after long talks with my parents they somehow presuaded me into saving money and getting the 15 watt.

so long story short the managers at GC kept saying don't do it get the line6 spiderIII, and I know they suck. so I get the vypyr and first it doesn't start up when I get home and it had been in the trunk for an hour or so so maybe its cold. so I let it sit for about 3 minutes it starts right up I'm playing with it for a good 2-3 hours and I start to notice that my note's ring after
I hit them like a good secound delay before it sounds, and last longer than the note started at? like it has some Imaginary delay swith on it,

so Does anyone else have this problem. with there Vypyr, Should I return it?

also the guy at GC said they suck and I'll be back shortly for the line6 WTF.

Thank you
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
make sure you aren't accidentally using delay effect on it. and also it could be that it's just cold and needs to acclimate to your home. try it again tomorrow to see if the problem keeps up.
Its the delay function. go into edit mode by pressing the second "Effects" dial, then turn the "Mid" and "High" dials to zero, along with "post gain", those are "Feedback" "Level" and "Reverb" respectively (looking at the bottom). That should fix your problems.
Ok I'll try those in the morning, yeah its like when I go to mute the strings with the pick the sound just continues
Quote by ShredGod George

yeah the delay setting is automatically on when you turn the amp on, stupid i know i had one.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
Mine doesn't do that... Do a reset. I think you hold the amp and effects buttons in while you power it up to restore defaults.
Quote by Sin City Sid
Mine doesn't do that... Do a reset. I think you hold the amp and effects buttons in while you power it up to restore defaults.

Do you and TS like yours? I plan to buy a 100 watter soon.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker

I've got a 30 and have not had a single problem with it. I really like mine. I think the Vypyrs sound really good for modelling amps. When you get a good one they are good amps. I was in my local guitar shop the other day and a guy from Peavey was there and he said most of the defective ones were from the first shipments and the newer ones are better. I don't know if that's true or not but that was his excuse. Also updating the Vypyrs software takes care of at least some of the issues if not all of them.
I bought a vypyr, Had it, Returned it! For a practice amp never go that route, or spider, Just get a roland cube! Why do they make vypyrs and spiders more than 30 watts anyway? They are good for nothing more than a bedroom practice amp. For that purpose, they are fine.
Quote by AeroRocker

I like mine, I think there really heavy amps for Heavy music, just got to figure out whats wrong with it.
Quote by ShredGod George

Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I've got a 30 and have not had a single problem with it. I really like mine. I think the Vypyrs sound really good for modelling amps. When you get a good one they are good amps. I was in my local guitar shop the other day and a guy from Peavey was there and he said most of the defective ones were from the first shipments and the newer ones are better. I don't know if that's true or not but that was his excuse. Also updating the Vypyrs software takes care of at least some of the issues if not all of them.

i jsut bought a 30watt one today and ive noticed a random cliping of sounds sometimes as well. Its very very random but it happens. How do i update the software, i thought that only the 75 watt and up came with a USB port.
This is why GC sucks they always recommend you the crappiest gear at the local shop I go to they always recommend me good gear but I make sure to tell them my budget cause otherwise they want me to buy a $1200 jcm halfstack lol.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by jskeezy84
i jsut bought a 30watt one today and ive noticed a random cliping of sounds sometimes as well. Its very very random but it happens. How do i update the software, i thought that only the 75 watt and up came with a USB port.

You need a USB to MIDI cable...costs about $30-$40 bucks. Then you can load the software update.

The clipping you are hearing might be due to the noise gate...? This is a total guess.... I know mine did some odd sound termination until I turned the post-gain down to 1 or 2 and then turned the guitar volume knob to ten. This also gave me more lee-way on the amp's volume control. Now it sustains like a mofo. I love this amp. No problems at all and sounds phenomenal.
Last edited by freternity at Dec 22, 2008,
Oh, and here's the cables that Peavey says they verified for use on the Vypyr:

# M-Audio USB Uno
# Edirol UM-1SX
# Turtle Beach MIDI USB cable

I priced them out and they usually go for $30 to $40 bucks....
I have problem in my Peavey Vypyr 15. It puts the volume very high by itself during playing. Can somebody please help??
Way to revive a half a year old thread. Sounds like a programming problem. It might also be a problem with the dial. The amps are digital in the sense of how the dials work so it could be the dial making a bad connection or it could be the programming in it is changing something. I'd return it to the shop or check the Peavey forums. Their tech forums should be able to help you a lot more than here.
Quote by viliusn
I have problem in my Peavey Vypyr 15. It puts the volume very high by itself during playing. Can somebody please help??

This is gonna sound stupid but is your guitar turned up all the way?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
OK.I will check the forums there.Thanks Chaos Nil

Lethal Dosage, I don't know is my guitar turned up all the way. What does that mean anyway? I could be little bit novice about these things...
And one thing. alltough my master volume is zero in the amp its sounds really loud. ):
Quote by freternity
Oh, and here's the cables that Peavey says they verified for use on the Vypyr:

# M-Audio USB Uno
# Edirol UM-1SX
# Turtle Beach MIDI USB cable

I priced them out and they usually go for $30 to $40 bucks....

who cares what they recommend. a 8 dollar EBAY usb-midi cable from china works fine.
Gear's : Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube | MicroCube | Noisy Cricket | Ibanez S470DXQM Blue Burst | Takamine EG440C
Pedals : MXR M-108 EQ | Digitech Bad Monkey, Sanpera I, GFS Tuner

Seref : Cali would put a health warning on celery if they could
Quote by viliusn

Lethal Dosage, I don't know is my guitar turned up all the way. What does that mean anyway? I could be little bit novice about these things...

NP. Your guitar should have a volume knob. Simple as that. What model and brand is your guitar? I can tell you which one it is. It might be as easy as a tone and volume, or it might a little more tricky with a les paul guitar.
You shouldn't be able to get any sound except maybe an electric buzz with your master at 0. If you mean 1-2, then yeah, that can be fairly loud especially if you are in a quiet house in a small room about 3 ft from your amp and chest level (Which is how I have it actually, it sits on my chair). You can do a little bit of turning your post amp volume down a little to around 2 o'clock so you can turn the master up some. Also turn your preamp volume down some depending on where you want distortion to be.
Hey guys, I bought a 15 watter in May and it's still working pretty nicely, I love everything about it!

Except... my auxilliary input doesn't seem to work. I remember I tried connected my laptop to it from the laptop headphone jack to the aux input on the Vypyr and it sounded beautiful (this was back in May), and you can play a backing track from your comp and play over it on the amp, etc etc. But I tried again recently and I got nothing! Now it's been a while and there's a chance I'm not doing it right, but how hard can it be? I get no sound when I play from the computer into the amp. Also, if I don't have the guitar cable plugged into the input and I'm trying to use the amp as a computer speaker I get the flashing lightshow as if I have nothing plugged in.

Can someone please help me, I'd love to get this working again it's such an amazing feature and would help my practice routine so much.

Thanks
Quote by viliusn

I mean that the volume knob on the actual guitar could be turned up too high causing you to be playing loud even with the amp turned down.

The other problem depends on which channel we are talking about. I would say try turning your pre or post gain down as that will usually make it louder.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by saw7988

Can someone please help me, I'd love to get this working again it's such an amazing feature and would help my practice routine so much.

Thanks

Did you try the obvious stuff like making sure there is output from the laptop? Do you get sound with headphones?

Another thing is to crank up the volume on your laptop to pretty much max and then raise the master volume on the vypyr.

Do you have an mp3 player? Try connecting that to the vypyr and see if it responds. Basically check everything you can that is not related to the vypyr before you start investigating if there is something wrong with it.

You can always try resetting it to factory defaults as well.

The lightshow etc only reacts to the guitar input jack.
Quote by saw7988

Thanks

Like above poster said...
Are you getting sound from headphones (Is your volume turned up. Turn it up to max).
Try pluging your guitar into the amp. Are you getting sound from the guitar?
Plug in another device into the amp. MP3 player, CD player, etc. Do you get any sound from that?
Try connecting your computer to another speaker using the cable. It might be the cable that is broken.
If all that fails, it is the amp. That means somewhere in the amp, probably the jack is my guess, its broken somewhere. You could try the whole factory defaults trick. That may work.

Anything after that, no idea what it could be. At that point I'm pretty sure you troubleshooted everything.
Did you try the amp before you got home??
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
Wow, it works now! Don't know what happened but tried it last night and it worked great... I just have just been overlooking something stupid before.

All good ideas though, thanks anyways guys.

PS I love getting a backing track playing through the amp and improvising over it, great fun. I wish I bought the 30 watt so I could get the loop pedal.
You could just get a loop pedal instead of using the effect in the amp.
Quote by Chaos Nil
NP. Your guitar should have a volume knob. Simple as that. What model and brand is your guitar? I can tell you which one it is. It might be as easy as a tone and volume, or it might a little more tricky with a les paul guitar.
You shouldn't be able to get any sound except maybe an electric buzz with your master at 0. If you mean 1-2, then yeah, that can be fairly loud especially if you are in a quiet house in a small room about 3 ft from your amp and chest level (Which is how I have it actually, it sits on my chair). You can do a little bit of turning your post amp volume down a little to around 2 o'clock so you can turn the master up some. Also turn your preamp volume down some depending on where you want distortion to be.

I have Epiphone Les Paul Standard and I realized where the volume knob is. No I don't mean 1-2, I mean zero ): . yes I play in a small room . I tried turning post amp down a little and turnig preamp down some but nothing seems to help. The amp still rises the volume suddenly ): and that really freaks me out! but thanks anyway for you help. Maybe I should return this to the shop.
Quote by Chaos Nil
Way to revive a half a year old thread.

Someone finally uses the search bar and they get yelled at!

jeez.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
*Double post
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Quote by Down Shifter

jeez.

I was about to say the same thing, I think mods should be the only ones saying this to other members, because it's not helping.
Quote by viliusn
Maybe I should return this to the shop.

I would, deff. Bring your guitar and test it against another one and see if it is fine. In the end, it might somehow be your guitar (However, unlikely)

Quote by Down Shifter

It was mostly just because it seemed like the thread was rather specific on the problem. The title was appropriate but the body seemed a little off. Doesn't matter really. I just thought it was funny.
click in on the effects nob, then the controls switch to labels below, then turn down the 3 nobs. most of the presets have a bit of reverb and delay.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Originally Posted by Darkdevil725
How good are the Vypyr 15 watt's? I was thinking of selling my Crate GX-15 to buy one.

Um it depends I guess... I don't know much about amps yet, never heard of a Crate GX-15. My friend (who's been playing guitar way longer than me) doesn't like my amp too much because he likes a simpler more powerful amp, he's not much of an effects guy. Personally, I love it, but one has to realize it's strengths and weaknesses. I just practice in my room and occasionally jam with a friend or two. Never played a show or anything like that. It's definitely loud, i never go past 3-4, and rarely past 2 w/ distortion. It models a good amount of metal amps and I play a decent variety but a lot of metal so I like that. Also I wanted to learn about different effects and this allows you to do that very well. Not sure if other amps have these two features but I love playing my computer through it and also putting it through my headphones (I can get a backing track going and practice improv all without making a sound, to the outside listener).

However, I think if I improved enough in a few years I would get a more powerful, simpler, better sounding amp for gigs and get a distortion pedal or something maybe. Dunno. Just my 2 cents.

Hope that helps.
my f'ing thing worked fine for abouth a month and now without any problems i've turned it on and it just rings with or without the guitar plugged in it just makes this awful f'ing noise, i think the warranty is expired any ideas?
Quote by Jafu
my f'ing thing worked fine for abouth a month and now without any problems i've turned it on and it just rings with or without the guitar plugged in it just makes this awful f'ing noise, i think the warranty is expired any ideas?

Great fucking necropost.
my vyper 30 when i try to save a dialed in setting just keeps bringing up the previous preset installed, its very frustrating! has anyone else had similar problems and is there a fix?