So, I go into Guitar Center in Memphis, TN on the weekend before Christmas looking to buy a $300 Ibanez classical guitar. As soon as I walk in, I spot a $1800 Gretsch Anniversary model G6118T. Gorgeous guitar, sounds great, plays great, looks different. It is the two tone Cadillac Green, a color that was popular on cadillacs in the late 50's. When I first saw the color in the magazine, I didn't like it too much. But when I saw it in real life, I liked it, and now I like it even more. I spent about 3 hours playing it and marveling at the sound and feel. At the end of those three hours, I find myself walking out of the store with a brand new Gretsch G6118T guitar.

HOWEVER, the great thing was, that weekend was the Last Weekend Before Christmas sale. This was a guitar that was in the store for months and no one wanted it. From what I heard, Memphis is surprisingly not a hollow body town. SO, instead of 1800 dollars, I got it for, get ready for it, 700 DOLLARS. This was an opportunity I could not pass up. Otherwise, I would have spent the rest of my life regretting it. So, what do you guys think?

I'll post better pictures if you guys want. These were taken when I got home at around midnight. So they don't look as good as they could.
I have on/off GAS for that very guitar. Now I have on/off hatred for you.

Just an FYI.

Also, lock your windows and doors.
very nice.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
wow, that is a beautiful guitar, and a sweet deal too!
Congratulations!
what? not a hollowbody town? that really is surprising, well, your luck then!
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by ThePechanator
Is that hatred of me enhanced by the fact I got the guitar for 700 bucks?

Yes.

Fortunately, that is abetted by the fact that I got a NGD tonight. You lucked out. I would have driven the TN to steal the guitar otherwise.

Expect my thread in the morning.
Thanks guys. I appreciate all these positive responses. I was expecting to get hated on by "teh br00t4lz kids" because "I can't play metal on a Gretsch". The thing is I can, it gets awesome harmonics on high gain.
I don't usually sink to this level but... I came. Twice.

That thing is gorgeous. I'd kill for something like that, no lie. If I find out you're running it through an AC30 I'm going to find you and steal them both, so watch out.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I don't usually sink to this level but... I came. Twice.

That thing is gorgeous. I'd kill for something like that, no lie. If I find out you're running it through an AC30 I'm going to find you and steal them both, so watch out.

I played it through an AC15 and AC30 at the store. And I figured out that I am buying an AC15 as soon as possible. (AC30 is a little to pricey). The AC15 is an awesome little amp.
Hot damn
Quote by zapatista89
you know the music from zelda that plays when you open a chest? that played in my head reading that headline.
Quote by toby3p0
Does it smell as good as it looks

Yes it does. It has sort of a sweet smell like my Gibson SG.
Gretsch guitars are so sweet ur a lucky person...........u bastard >_>
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ