Hey Easy question!

Does anyone who owns or knows anyone who has owned a roland cube 60 is reliable?

WIll it last?

I mean will the sound change after a while ? or will it stay good?

I plan on getting a roland cube in 4 weeks,

But i wanna know if it will last and sound good?

thanks
I've had one for 2 years and it's been pretty reliable and sounds the same as when I got it. The only thing is the input jack breaks easily, and falls into the console, but it's an easy fix. Overall, fairly decent amp.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Its great haha, though! If you cant crank it, you wont get its full sound out..
If you cant crank it, then maybe get a 30x? its got a power squeezer, so you'll pretty much sound the same all the time, at any volumes.
From what i've heard
I can't comment on the 60 itself, but I do have a cube 30. I've had it for years, I've been cranking it to ten for years, and sometimes past that with the help of an EQ pedal, I've dropped it more than once, I once loaned it to a guy I know and when I got it back it had a bunch of crap spilled all over it, so who knows what he may have done to it...and it still sounds great, it's loud enough to play over bass and drums with out the aid of a PA. It's loud, durable, in my opinion it sounds fantastic. So if the 30 can do what it's done for however many years, then the cube 60 should do fine.

Quote by forsaknazrael
You don't need to crank it to get good tones.

Agreed...in fact, as much as I love the cube line, maxing out the volume is somewhat counteractive to good tone. The only reason I need to crank mine to ten is because I play with a loud drummer, I'd much rather be at about 4 or 5 rather than 10. The cube amps do well at high volumes, but aren't amune to clipping, so what are you gonna do. The cube 60 is loud enough though that you don't have to push it to it's threshold to be heard in a band setting.
Last edited by david_highland at Dec 22, 2008,
I haven't heard many stories about Cubes breaking, but I do want to tell you that I know one guy whose Cube 60 just went for no apparent reason. He did always have his EQ, chorus and delay maxed and ran a Boss ME-20 in front (yuck), perhaps that played a part in it.
And I know another guy who blew the speaker of his Cube 15, but he played it very loud a lot and sometimes played mp3s through it as well.

Just wanted to let you know, but as far as I know the Cubes are pretty solid, good sounding and easily transportable amps.
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Lauke_101
I haven't heard many stories about Cubes breaking, but I do want to tell you that I know one guy whose Cube 60 just went for no apparent reason. He did always have his EQ, chorus and delay maxed and ran a Boss ME-20 in front (yuck), perhaps that played a part in it.
And I know another guy who blew the speaker of his Cube 15, but he played it very loud a lot and sometimes played mp3s through it as well.

Just wanted to let you know, but as far as I know the Cubes are pretty solid, good sounding and easily transportable amps.

The first one probably comitted suicide on grounds of good taste, the 15 will have killed itself in protest against its owner's stupidity.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com