Hey UG, I need some information because google doesn't seem to be helping and you guys are more reliable.

How can you go about modifying a Fender Mustang's (Or any guitar) Bridge pickup into a humbucker, instead of the defualt single-coil type pickup.

Where would you go to get this done, and how much would it cost?

(If what I said just made sence)
you can buy a stacked humbucker. so a pick up on a pick up. I dont think it should cost that much. I think a Di Marzio is around $150 AUS
Quote by total_beast631
you can buy a stacked humbucker. so a pick up on a pick up. I dont think it should cost that much. I think a Di Marzio is around $150 AUS

+1
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
It'll cost some money because you'll have to get the body and pickguard routed on top of the cost of the pickup and installation if you're not doing it yourself.
Some single coil guitars like American strats are routed for humbuckers so you can change them easily, unlike the Mustang, which is only routed for the slanted single coils. Check with a luthier to see how much it would cost but it probably won't be cheap.
You could also go with humbucker sized single coils. They usually don't have the output of real humbuckers and they have some single coil qualities because it'll have the size and slant of regular single coils.