hey,

Hopefully you guys here might be able to help me so here goes

I decided to swap the pickups in my G-400 to a SD 59 Neck and a SD JB Bridge. They arrived today, I went and picked them up and got installing.

I've just tested them out and the JB works a treat, sounds great, but the 59 is not producing any sound at all when I switch to it.

I'm kinda surprised that the JB worked and the 59 didn't as the 59 installation was much more straight forward. (eg Solder inner wire to point, solder shielding to pot to ground).

Is it likely that I've got a defective Pickup or have I missed something / stuffed up during the install?

Any help would be greatly appreciated otherwise I'm probably gonna have to shell out for the local guitar shop and being Christmas and all I'd rather not have the added expense.
did you solder the wires the right way round?

might be worth a check
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
did you solder the wires the right way round?

might be worth a check

yeah, thats what so puzzling there's only 1 wire on the 59 =) How hard can it be to wire 1 wire =)
whatwatt iron did you use, maybe you cooked the pot?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Check your ground, maybe try hooking up the old pickup, and see if it works. Then you could rule out a bad pickup.
Photos would also be helpful, I imagine...

Dragonforce? I don't even know what that is. Isn't it that Japanese card game "Dragon Force Z"?
Thanks for the advice guys, It's getting late so I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Wish me luck =)
Crisis Over!! =)

I couldn't rest while the job wasn't done, so I re-did the whole process and Success!!

Thanks all