Hey there. This spring I will be doing to auditions for one or several schools with only music on the scheme!

Thing is.... I need a nice/good/cool song to learn for my audition. It can basicly be anything but I would prefere if I could find a backing track to it.

I guess my style and liking is jazz-blues and pop/rock. Larry Carlton, Eric Johnson, David Gilmore, John Mayer, Steve Vai and Steve Lukather are somewhat of my favorites and bands like Marillion, Allan Parson Projekt, Dire Straits and also Coldplay and Muse could give some hint to what I listen to.

Regarding my level I would say I'd say I'm an amatuer / imidiate(sp?)player. I can do quite advanced stuff with some practice and understand basic theory. Sweet picking is okey as long as we dont talk about sweeps a la shred

Hope this is enough for you to make me a good suggestion and feel free to ask anything!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Is one of the schools guitar-x by any chance?
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Play something which incorporates quite alot of dynamics and demonstrates many of the basic and more advanced techniques.

Always With Me Always With You - Joe Satriani is a good song to do, it demonstrates fluid legato, picking dynamics and vibrato and quite a few other things.
Quote by willieturnip
Is one of the schools guitar-x by any chance?

no, I live in sweden

I'd LOVE to hear more opinions!
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
Last edited by backtothe70s at Dec 22, 2008,
please guys I need more answers from you
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
I suggest you learn how to spell Gilmour first.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
^I think you should relax and help me out instead of being a bitch because of one missed character since you could take the time to write something that pointless...
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor