Quickish question from a long time viewer, first time poster.

I would like to use my stack while jamming while I'm on the computer, but the 4x12 doesn't really fit. So I was wondering if I could use the head on top of my combo?

Head is rated at 4OHMS min, and the combo is rated at 4OHMS.

Would I connect the head to the combo via a patch lead from the head to the input jack where the guitar lead usually gets plugged in, then plug my guitar directly into the head?

Thanks.
Quote by henza_x
no u'd use your combo

No, because my combo sounds like ****.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
do you have a external speaker out jack on your head?

I has line out and headphone?
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
wait now im confused and am all backwards...how would you do this now im intrigued.

I dunno, maybe use a patch lead from the line out port in the head, connect that to the input on the combo, then plug my guitar into the head?
only put the head on you combo if it your combo if the head has an EXTERNAL SPEAKER JACK on it and you can plug the combo speakers directly into the head via a cord that you can visually see coming from the back of the combo speakers in the the combo head that is a 1/4" jack and can be unplugged and then plugged into the head
This is a G chord....i used to be in a cranberries tribute band.
Quote by |Matt|
I dunno, maybe use a patch lead from the line out port in the head, connect that to the input on the combo, then plug my guitar into the head?

You can't plug ANYTHING into the combos input.

If your combo has a disconnectable speaker then you can do it, if it doesn't then you can't.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Heads always need speakers attached. Unless, I suppose you could do it with a line out if it's a solid state head. If it's valve, don't even go there.
what combo is it? i know the music man combos have a disconnectable speaker that you can do that for.